OBS is the short form of Open Broadcaster Software. OBS is a free and open-source, cross-platform streaming, and recording program. OBS is built with Qt and maintained by the OBS Project. From 2016, OBS is referred to as OBS Studio, and there are different versions of OBS Studio available for Microsoft Windows, macOS, and Linux distributions. Some of the key features of OBS Studio are:
1. Intuitive audio mixer
2. Multiple video sources filters
3. Powerful configuration option
4. Streamlined settings panel
5. Multiple themes
6. Real-time audio/video capturing and mixing
When you are using Open Broadcaster Software, you can interact with the “OBS Failed to Connect to Server” error. In this article, our experts have shown few solutions that will help you solve this problem. Let’s check them out!
Method 1 – Modify The Facebook Setting
Sometimes the SSL option on Facebook can cause this problem. So changing the Facebook setting can solve the problem. Follow these steps:
1. Log in to your Facebook account
2. Click the gear icon and select “Account Settings.”
3. Click the “Security” tab and click “Edit” in the Secure Browsing section
4. Uncheck “Use a Secure Connection (HTTPS) When Possible” and click “Save Changes”
5. Enter your account password and click “Submit”
Method 2 – Change The OBS Setting
Now you have to change the OBS setting. Follow these steps:
1. First select custom in the service option
2. Now paste the Server URL in the Server field
3. Then paste the Stream Key in the Stream Key field
4. Now apply the settings and hit the OK Button
How To Get The Stream Key
1. First, log in to your account
2. Now click on your avatar in the top right corner
3. Then click on the dashboard
4. In the menu on the left, click channel under the settings header
5. Then click the stream key button
6. Now click the show stream key
7. Finally, copy the text
How To Stream Facebook Live Using OBS Studio
Streaming Live on the Facebook page using OBS Studio is very easy. Follow these steps:
1. Go to your page setting
2. Click on the Publishing Tools
3. Now you should go to the Video Section
4. There you will get the option of Video Library
5. Click the video library
6. Now click on the live Button
7. After that get the Stream Key and Server URL
8. Now, go to the setting in OBS Studio
9. Then click on Stream
10. Now choose the stream services like Facebook
11. Provide the Stream Key and Server URL
12. Then click OK
13. Now, click on Start Streaming to start live
14. Then Go to your Facebook page
15. You will see the Live Feed to your Facebook page from OBS
16. Now give the title, tags, and description of your Live Stream
17. Finally, Click on Go LIVE on Facebook
18. Now you are live to the world from Facebook
How To Stream Pre-Recorded Video On Facebook
1. You can see the Scene Section when you run the OBS Studio
2. There you can find the + Button
3. Click here and choose Media Source
4. You can choose Audio Files, Video Files, and GIF
5. Then Click Open
6. Now customize some settings of your media file
7. Put Tick mark on Restart Playback when the source becomes active
8. Now, Click OK and You can go LIVE by clicking on Start Streaming
How To Stream Facebook Live On The Smartphone
1. When you run the Facebook application, you will see what’s on your mind
2. Click there. You will get the option to Live Video
3. Tap to Go Live
4. That’s it. You are live now on Facebook
5. When you are done, click on Finish to end your live Stream
I hope you find this article helpful and solve your “OBS Failed to Connect to Server” problem. However, if you are facing the same problem after trying these methods, then let us know. Our experts will provide the necessary help to solve the problem.
Answer- Go to Settings -> Advanced in OBS, and set the “Bind to IP” option back to default.
1. Download OBS.
2. Click Publishing Tools at the top of your business or brand page.
3. Click Video Library on the left side of your screen under Videos.
4. Click +Live on the top right beside +Upload.
5. Copy the Stream Key from the pop-up window and click Next.
Short Answer- The error message “Could not connect to Steam network” usually pops up when trying to log in to your Steam account. A simple restart can clear up the software crashes, driver issues and reset your network settings, which can probably fix the Steam not connecting error.