Uninstalling Citrix online will affect how fast you get into a GoToMeeting or GoToWebinar session. But that won’t matter if you don’t even use those platforms. I’m sure you’d prefer Zoom, Google Meet, or Microsoft Teams for video conferencing and Livestorm for webinars.
Citrix Online Launcher is a platform used to launch a line of GoTo products. The brand itself has engaged over 400,000 institutions for over a decade. During that time, it has changed names severally. Now, it is known as LogMeIn.
What Is Citrix Online Launcher, And Do I Need It?
Before anything else, here’s a table the captures the ins and outs of Citrix Launcher:
|Citrix Online Launcher
|Most Used Version
|1.0.168 (Over 90% of installations use this version)
|It runs automatically
|Runs at startup
|Software installer size
|The United States 78%; Canada, United Kingdom, and the rest (22%)
When you purchase a new computer, Citrix Receiver is likely to be pre-installed–but not always. Like TeamViewer, it is easy for you to gain remote access to other computers using the Citrix Online Launcher.
As already identified, the Citrix Online Launcher has no effects and occupies the least disk space. If you’re looking for ways of dealing with it, consider stopping it from running during startup.
Do I Need Citrix Online Launcher?
If you engage with online workspaces like Asana, Trello, and Slack, you may consider checking out Citrix Products. The Launcher is mainly utilized by companies that want to achieve goals without having to engage physically.
During these special COVID-19 times, social distancing has pushed organizations to operate remotely. So, corporations – large and small – have embraced the tool. Apart from promoting remote operations, it helps in cost-cutting, especially with office expenses. Such companies are diverting those would-be expenses to other profitable uses.
Also, Citrix Launcher ensures that an organization’s data is protected, especially when third parties are accessing it. For example, if anyone needs access to an organization’s data using the Citrix platform, they need to log in to the server. This is one of the ways to bar unauthorized access.
Also, the platform acts as a backup for an organization’s data. This implies that if a laptop containing important data is lost, there is no need for panic. Once an administrator or worker accesses the server through Citrix, the info can be retrieved.
Using Citrix Online Launcher
You don’t know what the future holds. You may start working from home, meaning that the program could come in handy. If that is the case, you can always install it after getting the installer from Citrix’s downloads page.
Once you’re done, you can use different methods to launch the program. However, the most straightforward one is using the app. Assuming that you’re tied to an organization using Citrix Workspace, follow these steps:
1. Enter the VPN details of your organization.
2. Once you do, open the Launcher. This will connect your device to others in Citrix’s server that cater to your organization.
3. Then, enter your login details or start creating an account. After that, it shouldn’t be long until you start using it.
Uninstalling Citrix Online Launcher
As mentioned, Citrix Online Launcher is available on a good number of computers. However, it lacks a utility value, especially for someone who is not engaged with it workwise. So, installing or uninstalling it entirely depends on what you want to use your laptop or desktop for.
However, for the most part, you won’t need it. Many people use their computers for personal use and not work, and so, you can uninstall the Launcher. And here is how you do it:
1. Assuming that you’re on Windows, click on the Start button and then the Setting (gear) icon).
2. Then, click Apps and Features and locate the Citrix Online Launcher. You may get Citrix Workspace or Citrix Receiver.
3. Whichever you do, right-click and then Uninstall.
Final Words: Is Citrix Online Launcher Safe?
Well, yes – the Citrix launcher is safe. It is not a malware-bearing program, so there is no cause for alarm. But many users have questioned its safety. This is because it involves connecting many computers at one, making each vulnerable to a network attack.
The only time you need to be worried about Citrix Online Launcher is when downloading it as a plugin. Remember that the Internet is full of memes, trends, and malware. If you’re getting a free program, be careful that it doesn’t carry a virus.
On many occasions, downloaded software (especially the free ones) has adware attached to them. This implies that even without your knowledge, the adware will install and make itself at home. When that happens, the malicious program can cause a lot of damage, including stealing your data and sharing it on the black market.
To avoid such situations, look away from those popups that ask you to click and download any of Citrix’s applications. Others way you can avoid getting your computer infected include:
1. Use a reliable antivirus. On the market, there are a good number of options you can consider. Get an affordable antimalware program that can detect, remove, and blocks everything – malicious ads, website, and potentially harmful downloads. If you’re using Windows Security and want to feel even safer, you can install an Avast Online Security add-on to your browser.
2. Always ensure that any popup is blocked. And at all times, the popup blocker should be on; you never know when the hacker or cracker will strike.
3. Check the security of your connection anytime you visit a website. If you don’t know much about a link’s genuineness and authenticity, it is better that you avoid it.
4. Ignore and avoid freeware installations from third parties. Those platforms usually bundle software together, meaning that you will allow malicious programs to run on your computer.
6. Finally, make certain that you back up all your data. If a malicious program decides to sweep your hard disk clean, you will have a safe deposit with all your essential information.
How Can I Remove Citrix Online From My Computer?
Can you help me remove Citrix Online? I don’t know how it got there, but I can’t seem to get rid of it. It’s not an important program to me, so if that’s the case for you too just follow these steps. First, go into your Control Panel and open up your Programs and Features menu. Once here, find Citrix Online and uninstall it by clicking on the Uninstall button.
How Do I Uninstall Citrix Online?
When it comes to removing Citrix Online, the first step is to uninstall it. This can be done by opening up your Control Panel and clicking on Uninstall Programs. Alternatively, you can refer to the instructions in this article for more detailed instructions. Once you have removed the program, go through your computer for any additional files containing “citrix” in their name and delete them as well.
Can I Uninstall Citrix Online Using My Antivirus Software?
The question of whether or not you can uninstall Citrix Online through your antivirus software is an interesting one. There are two sides to the issue, with some users suggesting that it is possible while others say you cannot do this. We always recommend using the uninstaller that comes with the program in order to avoid any potential issues.
How Do I Uninstall Citrix Online From My Laptop?
Uninstalling Citrix Online from your laptop is a simple process. In order to completely uninstall the program, simply follow these steps:
1) Open Control Panel
2) Find and click Programs and Features. From this section, find Citrix Online and then select Uninstall from the right side of the window.
3) You will be prompted to restart your computer. Select “No”.
I’m William Shands, a tech enthusiast with a Bachelor’s in Information Technology from Georgia Institute of Technology. As an IT Support Specialist at Urban Outfitters, I’m immersed in the world of technology daily. My passion for apps led me to create TechBiva.Com, where I offer detailed reviews of the latest smartphone apps and games. Join me in exploring the ever-evolving landscape of mobile technology!