Microsoft Publisher is a popular desktop publishing software developed by Microsoft Corporation. This application is different from Microsoft Word because Microsoft Publisher focuses on page layout and design rather than text composition and proofing. In fact, it is considered a graphic design application and you can create a wide variety of publications like business cards, calendars, newsletters, greetings cards, postcards, flyers, invitations, etc. However, not many people know how to use Microsoft Publisher. If you are not familiar with Microsoft Publisher and want to know the details about Microsoft Publisher then read this article thoroughly. In this article, our experts have elaborated very simply about how you can use this application like a pro.
Features Of Microsoft Publisher
1. Professional-level effects for texts, shapes, and pictures
2. Ability to use high-resolution picture backgrounds
3. Mail merge and Personalization tools
4. Supports drag-and-drop image importing and swapping
5. Detailed ruler and guides for accurate measurements
6. document-sharing capabilities with default cloud-saving feature
7. Supports saving high-res files using common image formats
8. Supports importing photos from online albums like Flickr
Step By Step Guide On Microsoft Publisher
There are many more things you can do with the Microsoft Publisher app. But first, you have to learn all the basic steps of this application. Follow our below steps and start using the Microsoft Publisher application.
Step 1 – Select A Template
1. First launch the Microsoft Publisher application on your computer
2. Once the app opens you will see the Catalog window
3. In the catalog window, you will find different publication types and templates
4. Now from the left Colum click on the publication type you want to create
5. Now different templates for the chosen publication type will appear
6. Browse the template and select one that suits your requirements
7. Now click on “Start Wizard” at the bottom right corner of the window
Step 2 – Create A Document
1. Once you select the template click on the Next button
2. Here you will see all the options for formatting your document
3. Now follow the on-screen instructions to create the document
4. Finally, click on the finish button to begin adding text and pictures to your document
5. Now click on the section of the document where you want to edit, add content, etc.
6. You can type text on the frame, insert pictures as your requirements and also add frames if needed
Step 3 – Insert Additional Frames
1. From the menu click on the “Insert” tab and then from the drop-down menu select “Draw Text Box”
2. Now position your cursor where you want the frame on your document
3. Drag the cursor diagonally down until the frame gets the desired size
4. Now click inside the frame and start typing text
Step 4 – Insert An Image On The Document
1. First position your courser where you want to insert the image
2. Now click on the “Insert” tab and then from the drop-down menu select “Picture” under the Illustrations group
3. Now select from where you want to insert the image and select the source
4. Now open the folder where the image is
5. From the available images select the image that you want to add
6. Now click on the Insert button to add the image to the document
Step 5 – Crop An Image
1. First click on the image of your document that you want to crop
2. Now click on the Format Tab and then select Crop under the picture tool
3. Then Position the cropping handle of your picture as desired
4. Now drug the cropping handle over the portion of the picture that you want to crop
5. Make sure you evenly maintain the proportions of your image
Step 6 – Save The Document
1. First, click on the File menu, and then from the drop-down menu select Save
2. Now type a Name of the Document in the Save As dialog box
3. Then specify the location where you want to save the document
4. Finally, click the save button and the document will be saved
Step 7 – Print The Document
1. First, click on the File menu, and then from the drop-down menu select Print
2. In the next dialog box enter the number of copies of the document that you want to print
3. Then select the Printer from the available option
4. Now from the settings indicate the size of the paper for your document
5. Finally, click on the Print button and it will start printing
Microsoft Publisher is an excellent application if you properly know how to use it. I hope the above information helps you learn all the steps of this application and now you are able to use the application professionally. Let us know if you have any queries about Microsoft Publisher in the comment section. Our experts will get to you.
What Is Microsoft Publisher?
Microsoft Publisher, a desktop publishing software produced by Microsoft, was initially released in 1990 and aims to be a complete publishing tool. It has many features that allow for an efficient workflow, such as templates and easy-to-use tools. These tools make it easier to organize text and pictures into professional-looking documents. One of the main features, SmartArt Graphics, allows users to include graphs and charts in their work without needing any design skills or complicated editing programs.
What Are The Best Features Of Microsoft Publisher?
Microsoft Publisher is a desktop publishing program that enables designers to create professional-looking publications, marketing materials, and informative presentations. Microsoft Publisher has an extensive variety of templates for all different purposes. The templates are easy to customize with drag-and-drop functionality without having to know anything about HTML or CSS coding. With the new release of Publisher, Users can create brochures, newsletters, magazines, direct mailers, posters, postcards, and more with ease.
How Do I Insert A Picture Into A Microsoft Publisher Document?
Have you ever wanted to insert a picture into your Microsoft Publisher document? This process will show you how to do just that.
First, go to Insert > Picture. You can then browse for the desired image on your computer or insert one from the web.
Next, choose where in the document you want the picture to appear so it is in the right place. Then click OK.
How Do I Insert A Video Into A Microsoft Publisher Document?
Microsoft Publisher is a great tool for creating newsletters, brochures, and ads for your company. There are so many ways to customize the document to match your brand or company’s needs. Inserting videos into Microsoft Publisher documents has become one of the most popular features of this software. To insert a video, click on “Insert” on the ribbon at the top of your screen. This will bring up all of the different things that you can insert into your document.
How Do I Make A Table In Microsoft Publisher?
The following process will instruct you on how to create a table in Microsoft Publisher. First, open the program and click on the “Insert” tab on the ribbon at the top of the window. Next, click on “Table” from this menu. Then, select “Draw Table” to get started.