Facetime is Apple’s video chat service that allows iOS users to conduct video calls on devices like the iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, and Mac computers. It is a proprietary videotelephony product first launched on June 7, 2010. Facetime supports all iOS devices with front-facing cameras and Mac computers with a Facetime camera. The best part of this app is; it is completely free to use as long as the other user has an Apple device supporting FaceTime. If you have bought an iPhone or MacBook and never use Facetime before then you are in the right place. In this article, I have explained everything about Facetime and how you can make calls, create group calls, and many more. Finish reading the article to know everything about Facetime!
Features Of Facetime
1. Reach contacts using their phone number or Apple ID
2. Make both video and audio calls
3. Enjoy Group FaceTime with up to 32 people at once
4. Use effects to become an Animoji, place stickers, and much more right in your FaceTime call
5. Use the front-facing FaceTime camera to show your face, or switch to the back camera to show your friends what you see
6. Create Favorites for quick access to key people in the Phone app
7. FaceTime calls are integrated into your recent calls list in the Phone app
8. FaceTime works over Wi-Fi (iPhone 4 or later) and cellular (iPhone 4s or later)
Facetime App Information
1. Seller: Apple Inc.
2. Category: Social Networking
3. Compatibility: Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch
4. Age Rating: 4+
5. Price: Free
Requirements For A Facetime Video Call On Mac
1. An internet connection with minimum downloads and uploads speeds of 128 kbps
2. A built-in camera or web camera
3. A microphone
4. An Apple ID and password
How To Setup Facetime On Mac Computer
Facetime is installed on your Mac computer by default so you don’t have to install it. You only have to set up the Facetime app and you are ready to use it. Now follow these simple steps:
1. First, open the Facetime app on your Mac computer
2. If Facetime isn’t already turned on, click “Turn On”
3. Now login to the Facetime app with your Apple ID and password
4. Then navigate to the “Preferences” from the app menu and decide if you want all the email addresses tied to your Apple account to be used for Facetime
5. Deselect any email addresses that you don’t want to be used to call you on Facetime
How To Make A Facetime Call
As long as both you and the person you’re trying to call fulfill the requirements, you can easily make a Facetime call. The process is very simple. Here are the steps:
1. First, go to the contacts app of your iPhone
2. Now locate the person you want to call
3. You can search by name, number, or email address
4. Once you find the contact click on it and select the option to start a Facetime call
How To Make A Facetime Group Call
The group call is an excellent feature of the Facetime app. You can add 32 people in a Facetime group call. So if you like group calling you don’t have to download and install an additional group video calling app. To make a group call with the Facetime app follow these steps:
1. First, open the Facetime app on your Mac computer
2. Now enter contact details of all the people you want to group Facetime or select each people individually from the Contacts
3. Then click on the green video button to start the Group Facetime video call
How To Block Unwanted Facetime Calls
1. Open the Facetime app on your computer
2. Now login to the Facetime app with your Apple ID and password
3. Then, search for the caller that you want to block on Facetime
4. Right-click on the number and from the available options select Block This Caller
How To Add A Person In A Facetime Group Call
1. Tap the screen on an active Facetime call or click on the lower-left corner to show the sidebar
2. Now click on the “Add Person” option
3. Then enter the contact information of the people and then select “Add” to invite that person
Finally, I would be happy if you find the above information helpful. Facetime is an excellent app for iOS users for video calling and instant messaging. If you have any questions about Facetime or want to offer feedback on this article then leave it in the comment section. I appreciate every critic.
What Is Facetime?
Facetime is a popular online communication service owned by Apple. Unlike many other video chat applications, Facetime does not require any additional equipment or software to be installed on your computer. Your contact list, or what you could call your “phone book”, will be full of people who are available to FaceTime with you at any given moment. This can make communicating much easier than texting because it eliminates the need for back-and-forth typing conversations.
How Do I Download And Install FaceTime?
FaceTime allows you to make video calls to your friends with their permission. The tool is available for iPhone, iPad, Mac, or Windows computers.
1) Download the app from the App Store on your device.
2) Go to Settings on your device and scroll down until you see “FaceTime”.
How Do I Sign In To FaceTime?
We all know how to make a call, but we may not realize how to become visible to other people on FaceTime. In order to sign in and start a conversation, follow these four steps: 1) Tap the FaceTime app icon on your home screen or open it from the app list; 2) Sign in with your Apple ID and password; 3) Allow FaceTime access to your microphone and camera, and 4) Tap “Start.
How Do I Sign Out Of FaceTime?
In the digital age, it has become more and more common for people to video chat with others. In order to sign out of FaceTime, one must follow a few simple steps. First, open the Settings app and click on FaceTime. Next, tap Sign Out in the upper left corner of the screen. Next, select Delete from My iPhone in order to delete your account from their phone.
I’m William Shands, a tech enthusiast with a Bachelor’s in Information Technology from Georgia Institute of Technology. As an IT Support Specialist at Urban Outfitters, I’m immersed in the world of technology daily. My passion for apps led me to create TechBiva.Com, where I offer detailed reviews of the latest smartphone apps and games. Join me in exploring the ever-evolving landscape of mobile technology!