Skype is a telecommunication application that provides VoIP service and lets users make and receive free voice and video calls over the internet using a computer, web browser, mobile phone, or other smart devices. This application was first released in August 2003 and since then it has become a very popular communication application among the professional.
Skype for business is a part of the Microsoft Office suite and it integrates common channels of business communication and online meetings, including instant messaging, presence, VoIP, voicemail, file transfers, video conferencing, web conferencing, and email. Skype is best suited for home and small businesses where Skype for Business is great for a large business. While using Skype for the business you can add up to 250 people to online meetings and it also provides enterprise-grade security.
Skype for Business is packed with useful features but it also has some key disadvantages. Skype for Business consumes a lot of Ram thus makes the computer very slow; moreover, it launches automatically when you open the computer which is very annoying sometimes. So if you are wondering how to uninstall Skype for Business then read this article. After reading the article you will learn how to disable and uninstall Skype for Business from your computer.
Features Of Skype For Business
1. Skype for Business lets you conduct audio, video, and web conferences on the go
2. Up to 250 people can join a meeting on Skype for Business
3. You can integrate the Skype for Business with the Outlook plugin and schedule online meetings through Outlook with a single click
4. The web scheduler feature of Skype for Business helps you schedule a range of business meetings
5. You can view and adjust the details for a particular meeting
6. Skype for Business lets a user send invitations to people to join a meeting
7. Single-Touch Join feature lets employees join the meeting with a single click
8. Multi-Party HD Video feature lets 6 people simultaneously view 1080p resolution videos
9. Skype for Business allows users to share desktop screens, Excel sheets, and PowerPoint presentations
10. Skype for Business provides various meeting controls and presenter controls
11. Skype for Business offers customized participant views:
a) Gallery View
b) Speaker View
c) Presentation View
d) Compact View
12. Skype for Business provides various web conferencing tools like a virtual whiteboard and annotations
13. Skype for Business lets you broadcast content to over 10,000 attendees and it’s a perfect solution for conducting webinars
14. Skype for Business users can upload different types of files that include excel files, PowerPoint presentations, notes, etc.
How To Uninstall Skype For Business
If you are using Office 365 Skype for Business then it is impossible to uninstall it from the computer unless you have completely removed the Microsoft Office site. So you can disable Skype for business. Though there are few professional tools available those will help you uninstall Skype for Business as well as clean the leftovers.
Method 1 – Uninstall Skype For Business Via Settings
1. First click on the Start Menu of your computer
2. Then go to the settings and click on it
3. Now from the available options click on the Apps
4. Here you will see all the installed app on your computer
5. Now locate Skype for Business and click on it
6. Then from the available options click on the Uninstall button
7. A pop-up window will come, click on the Uninstall button again and it will complete the process
Method 2 – Uninstall Skype For Business Via Control Panel
1. First, go to the search bar and type Control Panel
2. From the result click on the Control panel and then navigate to Programs and then click on the Programs and Features
3. Here you will see all the installed programs on your computer
4. Now from the list select Skype for Business
5. Then click on the Uninstall button from the above menu
6. A pop-up window will come, click on the Uninstall button again and it will complete the uninstallation process
Method 3 – Uninstall Skype For Business Via Registry
1. First, go to the search bar and type Registry Editor
2. Now right click on the Registry Editor and select Run as Administrator
3. Now view the following registry key:HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ SOFTWARE \ Microsoft \ Windows \ CurrentVersion \ Uninstall
4. Then choose the Skype folder and then double-click the Uninstall String registry setting
5. Copy the value filed and closes the registry editor
6. Now open the Run command
7. Then insert the copied value into the text field and click the OK button
8. It will take a few times to uninstall Skype for Business
I hope the above methods have helped you uninstall Skype for Business successfully from your computer. If there is anything you need to ask about Skype for Business then leave your question in the comment section. I will provide you the information.
Why Is There A Need To Uninstall Skype For Business?
There is a need to uninstall Skype for Business because it has many bugs that affect the performance. The app also consumes quite a lot of battery power which can be an issue on some machines. Users also have reported that the app takes up too much space on their devices. One of the most significant drawbacks to Skype for Business is that there is no centralized directory of contacts.
Can I Uninstall The Skype For Business Client Software?
The Skype for Business client software is the program that is installed on your computer and makes it possible to communicate with others who have also installed the Skype for Business client. If you would like to uninstall the software, you can use the following steps:
If you want to permanently remove all of your data from Skype for Business, then go to Control Panel>User Accounts and select “Sign out.
How Do I Uninstall Skype For Business From My Computer?
The process of uninstalling Skype for Business from your computer is relatively simple. When you first open the Skype for Business application on your computer, there will be an option to deactivate it. You can deactivate by checking the box and then clicking on “Deactivate Now.” After you have done this, the app will close and you may proceed with uninstalling it via Control Panel.
How Do I Uninstall Skype For Business From My Mobile Device?
If you want to delete Skype for Business from your mobile device, you can follow these steps:
B1) First, tap on the menu button and then tap Settings
B2) Next, scroll down and tap “Privacy”
C1) Finally, as the last step tap on “Clear Cache and Clear Data”
I’m William Shands, a tech enthusiast with a Bachelor’s in Information Technology from Georgia Institute of Technology. As an IT Support Specialist at Urban Outfitters, I’m immersed in the world of technology daily. My passion for apps led me to create TechBiva.Com, where I offer detailed reviews of the latest smartphone apps and games. Join me in exploring the ever-evolving landscape of mobile technology!