Wi-Fi calling is the latest way of communicating with people using a Wi-Fi connection. Wi-Fi calling lets a user make and receive voice and video calls over a Wi-Fi connection without using the cellular connection. If you are leaving in an area where the cellular network is weak, you can use your Wi-Fi connection to make a call. However, there are a few problems with Wi-Fi calling. If the Wi-Fi calling is active then the default call recording option of the mobile won’t work. So if you want to ensure mobile phone calls are archived when communicating via the Android Archiver application then you have to manually turn off the Wi-Fi calling. If you don’t know how to turn off Wi-Fi calling then keep reading the article. Here I have discussed how you can turn off Wi-Fi calling with picture instructions.
How To Turn Oﬀ Wi-Fi Calling
On many Android devices, the Wi-Fi calling option is available in the Quick Setting Menu. If that is the case for your mobile phone then swipe down from the top of the screen to access the Quick Setting Menu. Now locate the Wi-Fi calling option and disable it. See the below image:
If the Wi-Fi calling is not available in the Quick Setting Menu then you have to turn it off from the Settings. The process is very simple. Follow the below steps:
First, go to the settings of your mobile phone. Now from the available options select the Wi-Fi calling.
On the next screen, you will find the option to disable the Wi-Fi calling. Toggle off the option.
Now you will see the Wi-Fi calling is turned off
Once the Wi-Fi calling option is turned off your default call recording will be available on your phone and new calls will be recorded.
Advantages Of Wi-Fi Calling
1. Wi-Fi calling improves the voice quality in areas where cellular network coverage is weak
2. Wi-Fi calling doesn’t incur an additional charge because Wi-Fi calls inside the U.S. and to the U.S. are included in the monthly voice plan
3. Wi-Fi calling doesn’t require add-on services and special plans because these types of calls might count from your minutes
4. This calling feature is built into most devices so you won’t have to install any additional application on your mobile
5. You can use the Wi-Fi calling feature with your existing phone number. There are no additional logins necessary to use this feature
6. Wi-Fi calling extend the battery life because the constant search for cellular networks can drain the Smartphone’s battery
Disadvantages Of Wi-Fi Calling
1. In crowded places like hotels, airports, universities, stadiums, Wi-Fi connection can lag and there might be inadequate signal strength. So you might face poor voice call quality and dropped calls
2. You must have a Smartphone with built-in Wi-Fi calling capabilities to avail of the Wi-Fi calling feature. If your device doesn’t support Wi-Fi calling then you can’t make or receive calls using Wi-Fi
3. Sometimes you may face restrictions on international calls while using the Wi-Fi calling feature
4. If you are not using your office or home W-Fi connection for Wi-Fi calling then the data usage fees may apply
FAQs About Wi-Fi Calling
1. Does My Carrier Support Wi-Fi Calling?
All the major U.S. carriers, including Verizon, AT&T, T-Mobile, and Sprint provide free Wi-Fi calling for their customers inside the U.S. as well as calls made to the U.S. from other countries. Generally, this feature is included with the monthly voice plan of a customer.
2. Why Is Wi-Fi Calling Not Working On My Phone?
There are many reasons you can’t use the Wi-Fi calling feature to make and receive calls. Some of the common reasons are:
1. Wi-Fi calling is not enabled on your Smartphone
2. Your phone is not connected to a Wi-Fi network or it has disconnected from your device
3. The internet connection is slow due to limited bandwidth
3. How To Turn On Wi-Fi Calling On IPhone?
f your iPhone supports Wi-Fi calling then you can easily turn on Wi-Fi calling on your iPhone. Follow the below steps:
1. From the home screen of your phone tap settings
2. Now select Cellular and then tap on the Wi-Fi Calling option
3. Toggle On the Wi-Fi Calling option and the button will go green
4. Select Enable when the popup appears
3. How Do I Make Wi-Fi Calls?
Making a Wi-Fi call is the same as a regular call. First, you have to enable the Wi-Fi calling option and make sure you are connected to a Wi-Fi network. Then the process is the same as making a regular call.
4. How Do I Know Wi-Fi Calling Is Working?
First, turn on the Airplane mode of your computer. Now turn on the Wi-Fi network again and connect to the Wi-Fi network. The Wi-Fi calling icon will appear in your notification bar and you’ll be able to make or receive calls via Wi-Fi calling feature.
5. What Are The Requirements Of Wi-Fi Calling?
To avail of the Wi-Fi calling feature, you have to fulfill some requirements. They are:
1. A Smartphone with Wi-Fi Calling capability
2. A carrier that supports Wi-Fi Calling
3. Minimum Wi-Fi speeds of 2 Mbps for voice calls and 10 Mbps for video calls
4. A router that is 801.11n (Wi-Fi 4) or better
6. Which Carriers Support Wi-Fi Calling On Android Phones & IPhone In Canada?
1. Rogers Wi-Fi Calling: Support for Apple, Samsung, Google, Huawei, Moto, and other phones.
2. Bell Wi-Fi Calling: Support for Apple, Samsung, Huawei, LG, Google, Moto, and other phones.
3. Telus Wi-Fi Calling: Support for Apple, Samsung, Google, Huawei, LG, and other phones.
4. Freedom Wi-Fi Calling: Support for Apple, Samsung, LG, Google, Motorola, and other phones.
7. Which Carriers Support Wi-Fi Calling On Android Phones & IPhone In The USA?
1. AT&T Wi-Fi Calling: Support for Apple, Samsung, LG, Kyocera, Razer, and other phones.
2. Verizon Wi-Fi Calling: Support for Samsung, Apple, LG, Google, Kyocera, and other phones.
3. T-Mobile Wi-Fi Calling: Support for Apple, Samsung, LG, Motorola, OnePlus, and other phones.
4. Sprint Wi-Fi Calling: Support for Apple, Samsung, LG, OnePlus, Google, and other phones.
What Is Wi-Fi Calling?
Wi-Fi calling is a process that allows users of voice-over-IP telephones to make phone calls over a wireless Internet connection. This technique bypasses the need for an available cellular signal, which can be unreliable or unavailable in some areas. Wi-Fi Calling also has the potential to reduce cell phone data usage, since it cuts down on cellphone transmissions.
What Are The Benefits Of Wi-Fi Calling?
Wi-Fi Calling is a free service that allows you to make phone calls over a Wi-Fi network. There are many benefits to this technology, including the following:
• You can make calls in places that don’t have any cell reception, such as in your basement or at the top of a skyscraper.
• Your phone will use less data when using Wi-Fi Calling.
• Calls are still encrypted when using Wi-Fi Calling.
How Do I Stop Wi-Fi Calling From My iPhone?
If you want to stop Wi-Fi calling on your iPhone, you can do so by following these steps. First, go into settings and tap on phone. Then, scroll down to call forwarding and toggle the switch next to Wi-Fi. Secondly, go to Settings > Cellular > Enable LTE. Thirdly, turn off Wi-Fi Calling in the iOS settings app. Finally, delete all contacts with Skype or other third-party apps that let you make calls over the internet.
How Do I Turn Off Wi-Fi Calling On My Android Phone?
Turning off Wi-Fi calling on your Android phone is an easy process, but will vary depending on which version of Android you are running. To completely disable Wi-Fi calling, follow these instructions:
1) Check your Android phone’s settings for “Call” or “Phone.”
2) Select Wi-Fi Calling and slide the button to the left.
3) Select “Wi-Fi Only” or “Don’t use.”
4) Select “OK.
I will be very glad if you find the above information helpful. Let me know your thoughts about this article and mention if there are any other simple ways available to turn off Wi-Fi Calling in the comment section. I appreciate every critic.