Google Chromecast is a unique smart device that you can use to plug into any TV or big screen and grants easy access to various streaming services like Netflix, Youtube, Amazon, etc. as well as watch your favorite movies, videos from the small screen phone to your big screen TV. It is a handy and affordable device to stream video content from online sources and other sources. It’s a plug-in type of device but unfortunately, it doesn’t come with an on-off switch. So once you connect it with your device it always remains on. But there are times when you would require turning off the Chromecast device to use other devices. In that case, unplugging is the only option for the Chromecast device. Well, that is not totally true. There are a few ways you can turn off or disable the Chromecast device. Read the complete article to know the details about these solutions.
Features Of Chromecast
1. There are Ethernet adapters for Chromecast available so you can connect a modem to it
2. You can cast content from the Amazon Prime Video app to your TV using the Chromecast
3. Chromecast allows Spotify Premium subscribers to cast on the TV
4. You can watch AT&T TV or anything saved to the service’s Cloud DVR via the Chromecast
5. Chromecast supports Guest Mode to let them decide what to watch without giving them access to your Wi-Fi
6. You can use your own photos or other photos to add to the Chromecast background
7. Chromecast supports casting Google Photos to the TV
8. You can stream music, movies, and photos via the Chromecast from Plex
9. You can use the Chromecast to play different games on TV
10. Chromecast supports mirroring the Android device to the TV
11. Watch age-appropriate videos from YouTube Kids with Chromecast
How To Turn Oﬀ Chromecast
Chromecast is an always-on device with a home screen display. So whenever the device is not in use it will show the screen. But many users find it very annoying when the device shows up on the home network while it’s not in use. There are a few ways you can turn off Chromecast. Let’s check them out!
Method 1 – Unplug The AC Adaptor To Turn Off The Chromecast
This is the simplest way to turn off the Chromecast device. Just unplug the AC adapter connected to the device and it will turn off. You don’t have to unplug the Chromecast every time to turn it off, which is very convenient. Generally, once you connect your Chromecast, it will remain connected to the Wi-Fi connection that you have associated with it. But unplugging the AC adaptor will turn off the Chromecast.
Method 2 – Use A Smart Plug
This is a very convenient way to turn of Chromecast. If you don’t want to get up to turn off your Chromecast device then use a smart plug. This way you can easily use the app from your phone to turn the Chromecast on or off. This process won’t require unplugging the Chromecast or the AC adaptor.
Method 3 – Turn Off The TV
If you don’t like or want to turn off the power then you can try this solution. You can just turn off the TV and the Chromecast will go into standby mode. The problem with this solution is, Chromecast will remain connected with your Wi-Fi network and will still show up as an active device when people search your network for available devices to cast.
How To Turn Off Google Chromecast Remote Notifications?
If multiple devices are connected to the Chromecast then anyone can control any other devices. It means when you’re watching something on TV, someone else could interrupt your cast to stream their own content. Luckily, you can prevent this from happening by disabling network notifications. Follow these simple steps:
1. First, open the Google Home app on your phone
2. Now navigate to the settings of the Chromecast app
3. From the available options click on the “Devices” option
4. Now scroll down and select the Chromecast device that you want to disable network notifications for
5. Then click on the Menu button for that device
6. After that unmark the “Lets others control your casted media” option and save the change
I will be very glad if you find the above information helpful. Let me know your thoughts about this article and mention if there are any other simple ways available to turn off Chromecast in the comment section. I appreciate every critic.
What Is Chromecast?
Chromecast is a small device that plugs into your TV and lets you watch online content from Netflix, YouTube, Google Play, and HBO Go. Chromecast turns your TV into a SmartTV without the need for a large expensive TV set. In addition to streaming media from the internet, you can do all sorts of other cool things with Chromecast as well.
What Is The Difference Between HDMI And HDMI-CEC?
Let’s discuss the difference between HDMI and HDMI-CEC. The terms are often used interchangeably, but they are not the same thing. The two acronyms stand for different things: HDMI stands for High Definition Multimedia Interface and HDMI-CEC stands for Consumer Electronics Control. One of the primary differences between these two is that HDMI does not require CEC to function properly, while CEC requires HDMI to work at all.
How Do I Use Chromecast?
Chromecast is a relatively new device that allows you to stream content from your phone or tablet to your TV. The Chromecast adapter plugs into an HDMI port on the TV and is powered by either a USB port on the set or the power cord. Once plugged in, you download the Chromecast app on your device and then send content like movies and YouTube clips over Wi-Fi.
How Do I Reset My Chromecast?
The Chromecast is a small device that looks like a USB stick and plugs into the HDMI port on your TV. The Chromecast has its own operating system and runs an application called Google Home. The easiest way to reset the Chromecast is to unplug it from your TV and plug it back in. To reset the Chromecast, power down your TV, remove the Chromecast from the HDMI port, wait 10 seconds, then plug it back in.