Avast is very popular antivirus software that can protect computers from malware such as viruses, as well as from network intrusions caused by unauthorized applications. Avast also has a web browser that not many people are aware of and it is not much popular as the Avast antivirus. Many computer users reported that the Avast virus is kept opening in the startup even though it’s not their default browser. So many users are looking for a solution to stop Avast browser from opening on startup.
Disabling unnecessary programs from launching automatically at the start of opening a computer can significantly increase the booting speed and also avoid consistent crashes. Launching lots of software at a time can consume more memory and CPU resources that result in a slow and leggy computer. So removing unnecessary programs from a startup is a good practice. If you need to disable the Avast browser from the startup then read this article. Here, our experts have elaborated on how to prevent the Avast browser from opening on startup once and for all.
The process To Stop Avast Browser From Opening On Startup
There are few proven methods available to stop Avast browser from opening on startup. These methods are very simple; you don’t have to be a computer expert to try these methods. Just make sure you follow the steps accordingly.
Method 1 – Remove Avast Browser From Startup Applications
1. First, open the task manager on your computer. You can do that quickly by pressing Ctrl + Shift + Esc from the keyboard
2. Now navigate to the Startup tab
3. Here you will see all the apps that open at the time of computer startup
4. Now locate the Avast browser from the list
5. Then right-click on it and from the available options select Disable
6. After doing that, the browser won’t start at the time of startup
Method 2 – Uninstall Avast Browser Via Programs And Features
You will find all the installed programs of your computer in Programs and Features. You can easily uninstall any program from the Programs and Features. So if you want to uninstall Avast Browser via Programs and Features then follow these steps:
1. First, open the Programs and Features on your computer by holding Windows and X keys together
2. Now from the available options select “uninstall a program”
3. You will see all the installed applications here
4. Now locate the Avast Browser and select it
5. Then click on the “Uninstall” button
6. Follow the instruction and it will uninstall the Avast browser from your computer
Method 3: Uninstall Avast Browser Via System Restore
System Restore is a service that helps Widows computer users restore the system to a previous setup to remove/uninstall programs that are interfering with the operation of the computer. You can use the system restore feature to uninstall Avast Browser on Windows 10. Here are the steps:
1. First close all the open programs of the computer
2. On the desktop, right-click Computer and select Properties
3. When the system window appears, select System protection from the left side menu
4. Now the System Properties window will display and from there click on System Restore
5. Then from the System Restore window Select Choose a different restores point and then click Next
6. Now select a date and time from the list and click on Next
7. Then, click the Finish button and a dialog box will appear to confirm the process
8. Finally, click on Yes to confirm the process
Method 4 – Uninstall Avast Browser Using The Official Removal Tool
1. First, download the avast_secure browser_uninstall.exe file from the link
2. Now run the uninstaller and select “Also delete your browsing data” and click “Uninstall”
3. It will take few times to uninstall the Avast browser
4. Once the uninstallation is completed you will be redirected to a survey page
5. If you don’t want to take part in the survey then close the dialog window
How To Clear The Cache Of Avast Browser
1. First press the Ctrl+Alt+Delete together to open the Task Manager
2. Search Microsoft Teams and click on End Task
3. Now go to File Explorer and paste “%appdata%Avast/browser” in the location box
4. Then delete all files from Application Cache, Cache folder, database folder, GPUCache folder, IndexedDB folder, Local Storage folder, and tmp folder
I hope these solutions have fixed the problem and you have successfully stop Avast Browser from opening on startup. If there is anything you need to ask about the Avast browser then leave your question in the comment section. Our experts will provide you the information.
What Is Avast?
Avast is a multinational cybersecurity company that specializes in antivirus software. It has over 400 million users all over the world. Avast Antivirus is available on Android, Mac, Windows, and iOS devices as well as on other platforms including game consoles and smart TVs. The company was founded in 1988 by Jan Gritzbach and Vince Steckler; they are headquartered in Prague, Czech Republic.
What Does Avast Do?
Avast is a company that provides computer security software to its users. They protect their user’s computers from malware and other cyber threats. The company has been providing its service since 1988 and has won various awards for its product. They also had the number one position in the antivirus industry in 2014, with over 240 million customer downloads.
Avast provides computer security software for its users to protect them from malware and other cyber threats.
What Is The Difference Between The Avast Antivirus And The Free Version?
The Avast Antivirus is a more powerful and robust solution to protect your PC from viruses and other malicious software. However, the free version of Avast offers protection by blocking spyware and malware as well as the ability to remove them. The free version of Avast provides some remote assistance features such as web browsing protection, spam filtering, and parental control. One downside to the free version is that it is incompatible with certain browser extensions, which may result in slow performance.
How Do I Prevent A Pop-up From Opening When I Click On A Link
A pop-up is a form of advertisement which opens when you click on a link. It can be annoying and distracting, making it difficult to focus on your original purpose. Fortunately, there are ways to prevent this from happening. One way is to make sure that you have an Ad Blocker installed in your browser; this will help you avoid ads and pop-ups that try and get in the way of your browsing experience.