Bluetooth is a wireless technology and using this technology; the user can exchange data between fixed and mobile devices over short distances. Bluetooth technology is a very popular feature among smartphone users as they use Bluetooth to transfer data to other devices. Nowadays most of desktop computers and laptops come with a built-in Bluetooth adapter. Though apart from connecting the Bluetooth devices like a headset, speaker, game consoles, phones the use of Bluetooth is very limited on computers.
If you are using a Windows 10 computer then you may come across the problem where the Bluetooth network may not support and the connection is not establishing with the Bluetooth device. This type of problem can happen because of a faulty or corrupt Bluetooth driver or backdated Bluetooth driver. Reinstalling the Bluetooth driver is a very effective way to solve this problem. In this article, our experts have discussed how to reinstall Bluetooth drivers on Windows 10 computers. Read the article to know the details about the process.
Step 1 – Check The Details Of The Bluetooth Driver
If you want to reinstall the Bluetooth driver then you should check the details of the driver first. You can easily find out the details of the driver. Follow these steps:
1. First, open the Run dialog box by pressing “Windows + R” together from the keyboard
2. Now in the Run dialog box type devmgmt.msc and press the Enter button
3. The Device Manager window will open on your computer
4. Here, you will see all the installed devices of your computer
5. Now find out the Bluetooth and double click on it
6. The Bluetooth option will expand and from there you will see the device drivers and their details
7. Now navigate to the Driver tab and you will see all the details of the driver
8. Write down the name and version of the paired Bluetooth adapter so that you can download and install the right driver
Step 2 – Uninstall Bluetooth Driver In Windows 10
Before reinstalling the Bluetooth driver you have to uninstall the previously installed Bluetooth driver from the computer. The uninstalling process is very easy. Follow these instructions:
1. First press “Windows + X”together from the keyboard and a menu will open
2. From the available options click on Device Manager
3. The Device Manager window will open on your computer
4. Now double click on the Bluetooth option and you will see the Bluetooth device
5. Then right-click on the device name and from the available options selects “Uninstall Device”
6. Now a dialog box will appear to confirm the process, click the Uninstall button to confirm the removal of the driver
7. Finally, restart the computer
Step 3 – Reinstall The Bluetooth Driver In Windows 10
1. First, visit the PC manufacturer’s Bluetooth website and look for the Bluetooth driver that was on your computer
2. Once you find the desired Bluetooth Driver download it on your computer
3. Make sure you download the driver according to your computer’s system configuration
4. Now open the folder where the driver is downloaded and double click on the .exe file
5. An installation wizard will open and click the Install button and then Next
6. Now follow all the on-screen instructions to properly finish the installation process
7. Once the installation is completed reboot your computer
8. Now you will see the Bluetooth icon in the Taskbar
9. While reinstalling the driver remember that it will remove all the Bluetooth Devices and their pairing password from your computer.
How To Start Bluetooth Services On Windows 10
After reinstalling the Bluetooth driver on your Windows 10 computer you have to start the Bluetooth service again. The process is very simple. Follow these steps:
1. First, open the Run dialog box by pressing the “Windows + R” button together
2. Now in the Run dialog box type services.msc and press the Enter button
3. The Services window will open on your computer
4. Now from the list find out the “Bluetooth Support Service” and right-click on it
5. Then click on the Restart option
6. Again right-click on the “Bluetooth Support Service”
7. Then click on the Properties option
8. A dialog box will open on your computer screen
9. Now from the General tab, change the Startup type to Automatic
10. Finally, press the Apply button and click on the Ok to save the modifications
I hope this article was able to help you reinstall the Bluetooth driver on Windows 10 computer. If you ever run into any problem regarding the Bluetooth device then feel free to return to this article and leave your question in the comment section. Our experts will provide you the guidance.
What Is Bluetooth?
Bluetooth is a very popular form of wireless communication that allows for the transfer of data between various electronic devices. Bluetooth devices are typically small, but they have the capability to be much larger. The signals transmitted are not always encrypted, so it is important to be conscious of what information is being shared with certain devices.
How Do I Uninstall Bluetooth On Windows 10?
Many people use Bluetooth for their wireless headphones and speaker, but it can be a difficult program to remove. There are several different ways to uninstall the program; we’ll discuss how to do this with Windows 10. You can start by going to Settings > System > Apps and features. From here, you should click on Bluetooth and then click “Uninstall.
How Do I Check If Bluetooth Is Installed On My Computer?
If you are struggling to find the Bluetooth on your computer or if it isn’t even listed in the list of available networks, there are some things to check. One easy thing to do is to make sure your device is in pairing mode. Then, press the “Start” button and type in “device manager”. Find the entry for “Bluetooth.” Right-click on this entry and click “Update Driver Software.” Check for a driver update and a new version should be available.
How Can I Turn Off Bluetooth?
steps to shut down Bluetooth on your phone and tablet:
1) On your phone, go to Settings, and under “Bluetooth,” change the setting from “on” to “off.”
2) Head over to Settings and go to Bluetooth. Tap on Bluetooth and then tap on the device you want to turn off. Tap again and then tap again until it says “Off.