A screenshot shows the contents of a computer display. Able to take a screenshot is one of the most essential features of any platform and Windows is no exception. Windows 10 is the latest operating system from Microsoft Corporation. Like other operating systems of Windows, Windows 10 also supports taking screenshots and saving them on folders. You can take the screenshot of the entire window and save the screenshot to the clipboard and paste it into any app such as Microsoft Paint for further use. There are several ways you can take a screenshot on Windows 10 computer. Once you completed reading this guide you will learn how to print the screen on Windows 10 in five different ways. So let’s dig into the article.
Method 1 – Take Screenshot With The Print Screen
This is the simplest way to take a screenshot on Windows 10 computers. There is a Print Screen button available on the keyboard and with it, you can take a screenshot and save it as a file for further use. In this method, the image places on the clipboard and ready to be pasted into an application. The problem with this method is; it doesn’t automatically save the file. You have to manually save the file using apps like Microsoft Paint, Paint 3D, Snip, Sketch, and other third-party apps. Now follow these simple steps:
1. First, press the Print Screen button on your keyboard
2. Now open the Microsoft Paint application and right-click in the open space and click paste
3. The image that you have captured will be visible on the screen
4. Now make any change if required and then press the save button or from the File Menu press the Save As button to save the image on a location of your choice.
Method 2 – Take Screenshot With Alt + Print Screen
With this method, you can take a screenshot of an active window. If your computer has multiple windows open but you require a screenshot of the active window then you can rely on this method. Now follow these simple steps:
1. First click on the windows that you want to take a screenshot of and make it active
2. Now press the alt key and the print screen button on your keyboard
3. The captured image places on the clipboard and it’s ready to be pasted into an application
4. Now open the Microsoft Paint application and right-click in the open space and click paste
5. The image that you have captured will be visible on the screen
6. Now make any change if required and then press the save button or from the File Menu press the Save As button to save the image on a location of your choice.
Method 3 – Take Screenshot With Windows Key + Print Screen
In this method, you can also take a screenshot of an active window but the difference between this method and above the methods is; in this method, the screenshot will be saved automatically to a specific location on the PC. Now follow these instructions:
1. First press the Windows Key and Print Screen key together from the keyboard
2. This will capture the screen and automatically save the image in a default folder
3. Now open the File Explorer and navigate to the Pictures folder
4. From there click on the Screenshots folder to navigate to the file that you have just saved
You can also follow the steps from method one or two and use the Microsoft Paint application to manually save the screenshot on a location of your choice.
Method 4 – Take Screenshot With Snipping Tool
Every Windows operating system has a Snipping tool and with this tool, you can easily take a screenshot on Windows 10 computer. The snipping tool also lets the user customize how they will take a screenshot, which is very convenient. The process of taking a screenshot with the snipping tool is very simple. Just follow these steps:
1. First, open the snipping tool on your computer. You will find the tool under Start menu > All programs > Accessories
2. Now click on the Mode Menu and from the available options select a format that suits you
3. Then draw any shape on the screen of your computer and take a screenshot of that part
4. Now click on the File Menu and then select Save As in order to save the image
Method 5 – Take Screenshot With Snip And Sketch Tool
The Snip and Sketch Tool is the updated version of the Snipping tool and it is a cross between light MS Paint type applications. With the Snip and Sketch tool, you can capture screenshots and can draw, write, and edit an image at the same time. Here are the steps:
1. First, type the “Snip and Sketch” in the search bar, and from the available options click on the program to open it on your computer
2. Now press the “New” button to capture an image and you will see the screen fade darker
3. Then take a screenshot according to your needs
4. Once the image is captured you will see the edit/draw option on the top of the application
5. Now make any change if required and then click on the save/disk icon in the upper right corner to save the image
6. A dialog box will appear so you can store the file in a location of your choice
I hope you have found the above information helpful and learned how to take the print screen on Windows 10 computer. Let us know if you have any queries about this topic in the comment section. I will be happy to help you!
What Is The Purpose Of Using A Screenshot?
Many people might not know what a screenshot is, but they may have seen it on a website before. A screenshot is a picture of what is shown on your computer, phone, or tablet. Screenshots are usually used to show what you are seeing on the screen so that the user viewing the image can see exactly what you see.
How Do I Print A Web Page?
Printing out web pages can be tricky to do, but not impossible. The easiest way to print a web page is to use your browser’s built-in printing function. This function can be accessed by clicking on the printer icon in your browser’s toolbar (typically found at the top of your screen). However, this method will only work if you are already connected to the internet and have printed something before.
Can I Print A Webpage On My Computer?
You can print a webpage on your computer by using a web browser. To do this, select Print from the menu and choose to print the entire page or just the content of a specific region of the page. You can also open up a print dialog box and set the printer and orientation (landscape or portrait).
What Is The Difference Between The Print Screen Key And The PrtScn Button?
The Print Screen key on a keyboard is located between the right-side Windows key and the left-side Control key. The PrtScn button is located in the lower-left corner of most computer monitors. The Print Screen function generates an image of the entire desktop screen when pressed, whereas the PrtScn button will only take a screenshot of what is happening in one window when pressed.