The internet has become an integral part of our life. Presently, more than 4.3 billion people are actively using the internet around the world. We can’t imagine our life without the internet. The Internet is considered one of the greatest creations and inventions of humankind. Thanks to the internet the whole world is on our doorsteps. We can know information about weather, politics, news, traffic, and whatnot with the help of the internet. However, there is nothing more annoying than a slow internet connection. In this article, our experts have shared a few proven methods on how you can increase internet speed on Windows 7 computers. Read the article to know the details.
Method 1 – Scanning For Malware
Many experts say malware can reduce the internet speed of your computer. So it is wiser you scan your computer for malware every now and then. If your Windows 7 computer has a slow net connection then it may be because of adware, spyware, or other types of malware that you got while browsing different websites. So follow these simple steps to scan your computer for malware:
1. First, click on the Start Menu of your computer and type Windows Defender on the search bar
2. Now click on Defender from the search result and open the app. It is the built-in antimalware application that comes with Windows 7
3. Before you start the scanning process check for malware definition updates and if there are any updates available then update the malware definition
4. Now from the Menu click on the Scan button and all the scanning options will appear
5. You can choose from Full Scan or Quick Scan to scan your computer
6. You can also do Custom Scan. Just select a folder that you want to scan and then run the scan
7. Once the scan is completed you will see the detected malware
8. Select all the malware and then click Remove
Method 2 – Ruling Out Network Issues
After scanning the computer if you don’t find any malware then you should check your network setting and see if there is any network issue available to reduce the internet speed of your Windows 7 computer.
1. First, reboot your router or modem. Sometimes rebooting the router or modem clears up the speed issues.
2. Make sure your router or modem is not close to anything that can interfere with its signal. You can bring your computer close to the router or connect your computer via a LAN cable to see if the internet speed increases or not.
3. The internet connection to your ISP can reduce internet speed. To run a network speed test from https://www.speedtest.net. Now check the result and if the numbers are way off then call your internet service provider to solve the problem.
4. If many devices connect to the same network then you can experience slow internet speed. So disconnect every other device those are connected to your router and see if the speed increase or not.
5. Try an Ethernet connection to increase the internet speed because Ethernet connections have lower latency and no chance of wireless interference.
Method 3 – Limiting Reservable Bandwidth
Computer reserves bandwidth for apps running on it. You can increase the speed of your internet connection by limiting the reservable bandwidth of your computer. Follow these simple steps:
1. First press the Windows Key and “R” button together to open the Run dialog box
2. Now in the dialog box type “gpedit.msc” and press the enter button
3. A new folder-like window will open
4. Now click on the “Administrative Templates” folder. You will find it in the left panel under Computer Configuration
5. From there click on the Network folder
6. Now click “QoS Packet Scheduler” in the Network folder
7. Then double-click “Limit reservable bandwidth” and it will open a new dialog window
8. From there change the Bandwidth Limit to Zero
9. Now click Apply and then click Ok to complete the process
10. Finally, reboot your computer
Method 4 – Use Command Prompt
According to many computer geeks, you can improve the internet speed by running certain commands from Command Prompt. So follow these steps:
1. Start Command Prompt as administrator
2. When Command Prompt starts, enter the following lines:
3. netshinttcp show global
4. netshinttcp set global chimney=enabled
5. netshinttcp set global autotuninglevel=normal
6. netschinttcp set global congestionprovider=ctcp
After you execute all the commands, close Command Prompt, and check if the internet speed increased or not.
I hope the above methods help you increase internet speed on Windows 7 computers. If you have any questions about these methods, then leave them in the comment section. Finally, consult with a professional if your internet speed is not increasing.
How Do I Increase My Internet Speed?
Internet usage is only increasing. With the rise of our digital world, it is becoming more important than ever to have a good internet connection. What are some ways you can improve your internet speed? You might try switching to a different ISP to see if it changes anything. When you do this, consult friends and family to ask where they get service from and why they prefer that provider. Installation of new cables or other networking equipment might also help increase your connection speed.
How Can I Improve My Internet Speed?
If you are looking to improve the speed of your internet connection, here are some tips to consider. First, try clearing your browser cache by clicking on the “Clear Browser Cache” button in your browser’s “Tools” menu. Browsers store data in this cache that isn’t necessary for operation, which can slow downloading times.
What Is The Difference Between A Router And A Modem?
You might be wondering, “What is the difference between a router and a modem?” Well, everything you do on your internet connection goes through these two devices. Both are important to your home’s network, but they each have specific functions. A router is responsible for transforming your internet connection into Wi-Fi that can be accessed by any other device in your home, while a modem is responsible for connecting you to your internet service provider.
What Is The Fastest Internet Speed?
The internet speed is a measure of the bandwidth and can be transmitted in bits per second (bps) or megabits per second (Mbps). The fastest internet speed is 100 Gbps (9.9 million Mbps). There are some drawbacks to this speed though, such as the latency and the power consumption costs.