Email or Electronic Mail has brought a revolutionary change in the communication sector. Since its invention Email has been playing a very important role in delivering messages across the globe through different platforms. People have been using Email since the 1960s and in the modern era, it has become the go-to method for business communication because Email is fast, cheap, accessible, and easily replicated.
Among all the Email platforms, Gmail is the most commonly used platform to send and receive emails. There are many reasons available for the popularity of Gmail and their built-in app for Android devices is one of them. It’s like there is a bonding between the Gmail and Android OS. Moreover, Android OS is also very popular and mostly used mobile phone operating system in the present day.
Nowadays most of the communications happen in the mail therefore the number of emails a user gets can also be overwhelming. There might be a pile of emails on your built-in android app in no time. So it is required to clean your app every now and then and delete old and unnecessary emails that you might get from the online shops, online services, offers, free trials, etc.
Deleting multiple emails at once or deleting all the emails together can be very handy to keep the inbox of your Gmail app organized. But the problem with this built-in Gmail Android app is; it doesn’t have a function to mark all emails in a single click and then delete them. However, there are alternatives and this article will provide you information on how to delete all emails on the Gmail Android app. Read the article to know the details!
Advantage Of Email Communication
A recent survey showed about 2.8 million emails are sent every second. The statistics show what contribution email plays in our daily communication as well as business communication. There are lots of advantages of Email. Some of the key advantages of Email are:
1. Email is easy to use and it frees us from the tedious task of managing data for daily use
2. Thanks to the email we can easily manage our contacts, send mails quickly, maintain our mail history, and store the required mails, etc.
3. You can deliver an email instantly and anywhere across the globe. There is nothing that can match the e-mail in terms of speed
4. An email comes with the subject line so you can easily prioritize the mails
5. The security of the email is excellent. It makes email one of the secured ways of communication
6. In an email, you can easily use the previous mail as a very convenient reference
7. You can send automated emails using special programs
8. You can send colorful greeting cards and interesting pictures via mail
9. You can send the same mail to any number of people thus saves a lot of time
Features Of Gmail
Gmail is very popular across the world because of its amazing features. Let’s take a look at some of the key features of Gmail:
1. With Gmail, you can schedule emails to be sent whenever you like
2. You can move emails across tabs, snooze emails, mute conversations, open emails in a new window and many more
3. You can drag conversation threads between categories to re-categorize your messages
4. Gmail supports smart compose to make your email conversation more convenient
5. You can send and request money in your Gmail messages on the web
6. With Gmail, you can limit message copying and download as well as can add an optional expiry time
7. You can set alerts to appear for “high priority” emails and it supports both Android and iOS
8. Gmail supports offline so you can download the mails and check them anywhere anytime
9. You can save attachment that comes with mail to Google Drive
10. Gmail has built-in Google Translate so you can easily translate your mail to your preferred language
Methods To Delete All Emails On Gmail Android App
There are two methods available to delete all emails at a time on the Gmail Android app. The first method is to delete multiple emails at once and it is a very efficient way to delete all Gmail emails. The other method is beneficial for everyday email management.
Delete All Gmail Email
1. First, open the Gmail app from your device
2. Now go to the folder where all emails are
3. Tap the icon to the left of an email you want to delete or, press and hold the message to select it
4. Now, select other emails that you want to remove from Gmail app
5. Finally, tap the delete icon to delete all the selected mails
Swipe Action To Delete Gmail
The swipe action helps you delete a single email very quickly. Follow these steps:
1. First, open the Android Gmail app from your device
2. Tap the three-lined menu at the top left of Gmail, and then select Settings
3. Go to General settings and then select Swipe actions
4. Tap Change for the Right swipe or Left swipe, and choose Delete
5. Now go back to emails and then swipe the correct direction to delete emails
The above methods are tested by our experts and they are 100% working. However, if you are facing any problem while trying out any of the above methods then feel free to leave your problem in the comment section. Our experts will provide you guidance.