How Do I Check My wi-fi router’s browsing history? Even when linked to your home wi-fi, there’s no way to retrieve your browsing history directly. However, your router can get set up to save a user’s browsing history. We’ll teach you how to accomplish this in this article.
When you use a separate mobile data connection, you access your browser history. If you use a wi-fi router, though, you could be unsure whether or not your browsing history is private.
We assist you in learning the necessary information to better access your Internet surfing history and secure your online identity and also how to check the surfing history on a wireless router
Collecting information such as a person’s surfing history, on the other hand, is a breach of their privacy. You should avoid gaining access to other people’s personal browser histories and use this approach only for authorized purposes, such as monitoring your child’s or your Internet usage.
How To View Your wi-fi Router Browsing History
The following ways work on the same principle: data packets get sent over the air when your network’s devices connect to the Internet. Any host may theoretically pick them up with the necessary equipment. The tools listed below can get used to examining network packets.
Access Your Router Settings
You must be able to access your router’s settings page for this to operate. Follow the steps outlined below to complete the setup.
1. Open Run and type CMD to obtain your IP address. Click the OK button.
2. Type IPCONFIG /ALL into the command prompt. Allow Task Prompt to carry out the command.
3. Scroll down to Default Gateway in the list of results.
4. Your IP address is the string of integers that runs parallel to the default gateway. Copy and paste the value into any web browser. Your router settings will appear once you get connected to your browser.
How To Check Browsing Activity On The Wi-Fi Router
1. Most routers offer a logs function that shows all of the IP addresses linked with them. All internet browsing behavior is saved in logs.
2. Before you can validate the registration, you’ll need to know the target device’s IP address.
3. Navigate to the associated device, which may have a different name depending on your device.
4. When in doubt, look at the page that lists all the linked devices’ IP addresses.
5. Identify which of your goals is present since you will refer to it later.
6. Now, select the record to get a list of all the related websites to your router.
7. With the user’s IP address, you’ll be given a list of destination domains or IP addresses.
8. You may now trace your target’s online activities using their IP address.
Browser History And Cache
1. To begin, open your browser. On the keyboard, press “Ctrl-H.” Examine the history log in your browser. Organize the records to see the user’s history, last visit, or site.
2. Open the Internet Explorer browser. Select “Tools” and “Internet Options” from the drop-down menu.
3. Select “Settings” from the drop-down menu. To examine all files in the Temporary Internet Files folder that get acquired via Internet browsing, click “View Files.” This folder does not include a list of visited websites but contains cookies, and other information gathered from numerous websites.
Alternative Ways Of Checking The Browsing History On Wi-Fi Router
Acquire enterprise-grade system software to monitor a vast computer network. These applications provide various services, such as online data analysis, policy formation, and thorough reporting.
The logic that allows OpenDNS to function is straightforward. When you try to connect to the web, all of your network traffic travels through the router, going through your DNS provider to convert the domain name to its IP address counterpart.
You can monitor your network traffic using the OpenDNS control panel if you replace your default DNS server (typically provided by your ISP) with OpenDNS. This monitoring will give you a general overview of the website’s users on your network visit. Not only that, but it may also block certain types of material, such as pornographic websites and gambling.
Configure your router to use the Open DNS Server IP addresses (184.108.40.206 and 220.127.116.11) to get started with OpenDNS, and then sign up for a free account on the OpenDNS website. Connect your router to your OpenDNS account after logging in, and that’s all there is to it. You may now use the OpenDNS dashboard to keep an eye on your network.
Features Of Open DNS
1. Assist in making the Internet a safer place.
2. Home internet that is faster and more dependable
3. Cisco Umbrella provides threat protection
4. The setup is simple.
Pro: This software is easy to set up, even for non-technical people. Websites or services like WhatsApp might get restricted on the network.
Con: You cannot check real-time traffic because it only displays data after 24 hours, and you have no way of knowing whose device on your network has visited a specific page. As a result, you must predict based on the date and time.
Wireshark is a famous packet capture program that allows you to view what other people are doing on the Internet in real-time.
The IP addresses of all the devices on your network get shown after the software starts. Choose one – the one you want to monitor – and begin the packet capture session. And everything else. The data packets entering and exiting the target will be visible in seconds.
Although it appears to be simple, it is technically challenging. For example, you have an IP address and a bunch of trash data, and you need to make sense of it.
Ensure you activate Promesus mode and set HTTP request filters while collecting packets from external devices.
Features Of WireShark
1. It saves the packet data that gets collected.
2. Create different statistics.
3. Data from a network interface gets captured in real-time.
4. Display packets with a lot of information about the protocol.
Pro: You can receive a lot of valuable data from this application, and it’s an excellent tool for network admins.
Con: To use Wireshark, you’ll need a secondary wi-fi adapter that supports Promesus mode (that is, monitoring the traffic of other devices). Because most device manufacturers restrict packet capture at the hardware level, avert misuse is needed.
3. zANTI (Android App)
zANTI is the app to use if you want to check your wi-fi history on Android. For Android, this is similar to Windsor Alternatives. However, it is much easier to use than Wireshark. The most significant part is that, unlike most PCs, your Android’s network card can collect wi-fi packets, allowing you to record data. There’s no need to invest in more network hardware.
You have to download and run this software on an Android handset. The app will scan the network and display a list of connected devices. Select the individual you want to watch and start the attack with the data in the middle.
In real-time, zANTI records all HTTP data from the target device, turn on the SSL band if you wish to see HTTPS traffic; this will allow websites to open in a safe protocol.
Features Of zANTI Android App
1. Perform network scanning
2. Allows users to examine a company’s network efficiently.
3. Detect security flaws in your current network and mobile app, and use powerful cloud-based reporting to report the results.
How To Clear Your Wi-Fi Router History
To keep your browser history secret, wipe the history on your wi-fi network.
Type the following into your browser’s address bar to clean your wi-fi router: 192.168.0.1 is the most often used IP address. If the first IP address fails, try 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.2.1. If neither of these IP addresses works, restart your router and try again.
When you press enter, you’ll be sent to a log-on page. Enter the router’s username and password located on the router’s sticker. The username for these IP addresses is usually Admin, and the password is either password or 1234.
After you’ve provided your log-in credentials, you’ll be sent to a page that shows you your router’s details, software, and wireless information. You can check the status of your router and discover who else gets connected to your system on this page.
Click System Log to clear your surfing history from your wi-fi router. When you click here, you’ll be given a choice to Clear Log, which will result in a pop-up confirming the cleaning action. Choose between OK and Yes.
Anyone with access to your network history will no longer be able to see what you’ve been surfing, nor will they be able to retrieve it once you’ve deleted it from the log.
The above article explains how to monitor your network’s history and what router logs reveal. However, erasing your browsing history is an excellent practice to get into to safeguard yourself and your data. It can also be helpful when visiting pages that have just got modified. You can get surfing issues if you do not clear your browsing history or cache.