Crunchyroll is a very popular streaming service to watch anime, manga, and dorama. Crunchyroll was established in 2006 and since then it has been delivering content to 50 million registered users worldwide. However one of the downsides of this streaming service is the Ads. Though Crunchyroll only shows ads related to their anime the numbers of ads are unbearable. For example, one 24-minute video contains four advertising blocks:
1. One pre-roll (15 seconds)
2. Four ads at the beginning of the episode (30-seconds each)
3. Four mid-rolls (30-seconds each)
4. Four post-rolls (15, 30, 30, and 20 seconds)
The worst part of these ads is you can’t skip them so you have to watch them all which is very annoying. So if you want to overcome this annoyance then you have to use adblockers. But this is also not simple because Crunchyroll applies techniques to overcome these adblockers. So in this article, our experts have discussed few ways to stop ads from loading while watching anime from Crunchyroll. Read the article to know the details!
Method 1 – Get A Premium Membership
The easiest way to get rid of ads is to pay for a premium membership. The ads-free Premium subscription of Crunchyroll starts from $7.99 per month and $79.99 per year. If you can afford it then it will be your best solution because with this subscription you will not only get an ads-free account but also get access to the whole anime library. That means you can watch any anime, manga, or dorama without the ad disturbance.
Method 2 – Get A Guest Pass
You can use Guest passes to enjoy Crunchyroll without any ads and charges. A guest pass is a monthly passcode that a premium user receives once per month. It’s like a type of invitation ticket that a newcomer can use to experience a glimpse of all features of the prime membership of Crunchyroll for 48 hours. But there are few restrictions like a new account can use 10 passcodes every six months. There are various ways you can get the guest pass:
1. From a friend with a Crunchyroll Premium subscription
2. Official Crunchyroll Guest Pass Thread
3. Reddit Weekly Guest Thread
4. From social media platforms like a Facebook page
Method 3 – Update The AdBlock Extension
Crunchyroll continuously applies different techniques to circumvent and bypass adblockers. So an outdated AdBlock extension won’t keep the ads way from showing while watching videos. Therefore, updating the AdBlock extension and filter lists to the latest version can solve the problem. Now follow these simple steps:
1. First, launch the Chrome browser on your computer and click on the “Three Dots” from the right top corner
2. Now from the available options click on the “More Tools”
3. Then from the sub-menu click on Extensions
4. In the next page locate “Developer Mode” and click on it
5. Here you will see all your installed extensions
6. Click on the “Update” button to update all extensions
7. Once the update is completed, re-launch Chrome and then open Crunchyroll to check if the ads are blocked or not
Method 4 – Change Hosts File To Bypass In-Stream Ads
You can change the host file of Crunchyroll to bypass in-stream ads and stop ads from loading while watching videos. The process is very simple. Follow the below instructions:
1. First close all the web browsers of your computer
2. Now go to the search bar of your computer and type Notepad
3. From the search result right-click on the Notepad and select “Run as Administrator”
4. Now in Notepad, click on File and then click on Open
5. Then from the Open dialogue box, change from Text Documents to All Files
6. After that, navigate to the “hosts files” directory. Usually, it is located at: C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc
7. Here you will a list of files, locate the Host file and select it
8. Once the file opens, go to the last line and at the end of the #, add a new line: 127.0.0.1 static.vrv.co
9. Then save and close the file
10. Now launch a browser and then open Crunchyroll to check if the ads are blocked or not
Method 5 – Use Opera Mini Browser With Its Built-In Adblocker
1. First, download and install opera mini on your computer
2. Once the installation is completed, launch Opera and then open its settings
3. Now tick mark the “enable the AdBlock feature” from the top of the page
4. Now open Crunchyroll to check if the ads are blocked or not
I hope you find the article informative and able to block ads on Crunchyroll. Let us know if you want to know anything about this topic in the comment section. Our experts will help you out!
What Is Crunchyroll?
Crunchyroll is part of the world’s largest HD Anime and Asian Drama website, which is headquartered in San Francisco. They provide Japanese anime and drama series to their subscribers for free with ads, but they also offer a premium monthly subscription service with no ads for $6.95/month. The company was founded by the American businessman and entrepreneur Kun Gao.
How Do I Get Rid Of The Ads On Crunchyroll?
This process will demonstrate how to remove ads from Crunchyroll. In order to do this, there are a few steps that you need to take. First, go into your device settings and then go into the application manager. After that, swipe over to the All tab and then tap on the Crunchyroll app. Once you’re on the app’s page, under Storage it should say “Clear Data.” Just tap on that and do the same thing for the cache.
How Do I Unblock Ads On Crunchyroll?
Crunchyroll is a popular site that streams Japanese anime and Korean dramas. However, cartoons and television shows are hard to watch without advertisements. Ads will pop up in the middle of watching videos and it can be very distracting. Luckily, there’s a way to avoid ads on Crunchyroll: “AdAway”. It’s a free app that prevents ads from popping up as you watch your favorite tv shows and movies.
Can I Block Ads On Crunchyroll From My Computer?
Ads can be a drag, but there are ways to block them from showing up when you go on the streaming site Crunchyroll. To do so, follow these steps: First, download Adblock for Chrome or Firefox and install it. The next step is to add our domains to the installed plug-in. Once you have done that, users should be able to continue accessing the site without any ads interrupting their viewing experience.
I’m William Shands, a tech enthusiast with a Bachelor’s in Information Technology from Georgia Institute of Technology. As an IT Support Specialist at Urban Outfitters, I’m immersed in the world of technology daily. My passion for apps led me to create TechBiva.Com, where I offer detailed reviews of the latest smartphone apps and games. Join me in exploring the ever-evolving landscape of mobile technology!