Discord is a chat platform for gamers. It was founded in 2012, and it has over 150 million registered users. It was once considered to be a safe space for gamers because of the lack of moderation that would stop people from bullying each other or cyberbullying.
In 2011, there was an incident that led to the creation of Discord: one of the founders, Jason Citron, had his account banned from Xbox Live for violating their code of conduct due to a minor infraction. The banning incident caused him to lose his game save and other content he had accumulated. This event led Citron to create Discord so he could avoid worries about being banned or losing all his progress in games by making everything he did on Discord servers not count against him on Xbox Live.
What Is Discord?
A Discord account is a social media service for gamers that allows them to communicate in groups, chat with people in their network, and share images.
Integration With Communities: By integrating with the gaming communities on Discord, brands can communicate their messages to the right people. Brands can also use this platform as a two-way street. This means that they can give support to gamers while also getting feedback from them.
Integration With Games: The integration of games and Discord means that players don’t have to stop playing their game just to interact with other gamers online. Social media platforms are disconnected from this world so it’s hard for gamers to share what they are doing at any given moment and stay connected to friends who are offline or not using the same platform.
A Discord account is a great way to talk to game developers, gamers, and even gaming news outlets. Discord provides people with the opportunity to chat with friends, talk to game developers, and get up-to-date information on their favorite games. This can also be a great way for newcomers to the gaming world to learn more about how games work.
There are various ways of recovering your account. Discord will send you an email with the instructions you need to follow. But before learning about that – let’s talk about what it is, why such disabling happens often, and how to fix that one by one. Keep reading –
5 Ways To Restore Disabled Discord Account
Here are few steps to follow to reinstate your Discord account. Let’s go –
1. Make sure that you are not banned from the Discord server.
2. If you have not linked your Discord account to a third-party service, it could be worth checking if there is an issue with the email address associated with the account or a forgotten password.
3. Try logging in using alternate accounts that are linked to any third-party services
4. Try resetting your password
5. Reach out to Discord and provide them with all the account details for further investigation
If The Above Method Doesn’t Work Then Try Below-
1. Open the Discord App and try to log in with your old username and password. If your account is disabled; then click on it and then find the “Restore Account” option.
2. Click on ‘restore account’
3. Follow all the steps prompted by Discord.
4. After filling in all the details, you’ll get access again.
7 Reasons Why Discord Account Gets Disabled What To Do
The Discord terms of service have been updated with a “zero tolerance” policy for people who violate the terms of service. However, there are some users who misuse the system and get banned from discord. Discord has set rules that must be followed and it will ban you if you break them. If you or someone else on your account breaks these rules, then your account will be disabled.
If you’ve been warned that your account has been disabled, then it’s likely because of one of these reasons:
1.Account Safety: The first reason why the account gets disabled is that this platform wants to ensure the safety of its users. According to Discord’s most recent Terms of Service, any message on Discord that is deemed harmful or threatening to another user will get the account banned from the platform.
2.Violating Terms Of Service: Secondly, an account may get disabled if it violates the Terms of Service. This includes not following any guidelines outlined in these documents and also using hateful messages or slurs against another user on this platform. The most common reason for discord account termination is the violation of the terms of service. Discord posts are governed by the same principles as any other social media platform. You can’t post anything that is illegal, misleading, or discriminatory.
3. Sharing Inappropriate Content: Another reason why an account may get disabled is that it shares inappropriate content on this app such as pornography, nudity, or anything.
4.Spamming: The first reason that can cause your discord account to be disabled is spamming. Posting irrelevant content, repetitive content, or content with an unclear purpose is considered spam. Discord does not allow this type of behavior because it disrupts the community and in some cases, can make people leave the server. Discord is not a chat room and we do not allow spambots on our servers.
The best way to avoid this problem is by following the rules and guidelines set out by discord and to refrain from posting anything irrelevant if you are unsure of its relevance.
5. Inappropriate Content: Next on the list, inappropriate content can also lead to a disabled discord account. Discord has strict guidelines when it comes to what type of content we may or may not post on its servers and if your posts do not comply with these rules then your account will be permanently disabled.
6. Threatening Violence Or Self-Harm: Don’t threaten to harm yourself or someone else. This includes threats to commit violence against anyone or to commit suicide. This also includes threats to use weapons and warnings that you’ll be bringing a weapon with you when arriving somewhere, which may result in law enforcement getting involved when they would otherwise not have done so.
7.Using Unauthorized Script Or Third-Party Services: You were using an unauthorized third-party program or script or Bot on Discord.
How Do I Disable My Discord Account Instead Of Deleting?
There are a few different ways to disable your account on Discord. They are mostly the same as deleting your account, but you may want to keep it in order to be able to come back later.
You can disable your account using the app by going into Settings and turning off the switch for “Active”. You will still be able to access any conversations that you’ve had with other users, but you won’t be notified of any new messages.
If you want to delete all of the information related to your account, then you will need to request a deletion from Discord customer service.
When you accidentally disabled your account, this is a common mistake that can be fixed. We provide some steps on how to solve this problem and get back into your account.
A discord account disabled is not the end of the world, thankfully. There are many ways to disable any account and sometimes it is done by accident.
Here is the step by step guide to disabling a Discord account –
1. Head over to your User Settings and click Disable Account under Account Removal.
2. If you choose to delete your account, the account will be permanently deleted (after a bit of time).
3. It’s irreversible!
4. If you think you may want to come back to Discord at a later date, we suggest disabling your account rather than doing a complete deletion!
Conclusion: Understanding Discord Account Got Banned
Discord is a messaging app with an interface that is much like a chatroom. As of 2018, Discord has had over 150 million users spread out in more than 800,000 servers.
It may be that the rules for this app differ from other social media apps in terms of what can and cannot be posted. It is possible that someone’s account was banned due to their posting violations or that they violated the rules of the app itself.