The difference between an Apple store replacement screen and a non-Apple replacement screen is that if you opt for an Apple store screen replacement, you will get an authentic screen, while the other option is from third parties. When your iPhone needs a new screen, you have two options: You can have it replaced at an Apple Store or choose to take it to a local repair shop or store and get the replacement screen yourself. Regardless of your choice, it’s good to understand the benefits and drawbacks of each to make an informed decision.
Below, we will cover all the essential information you need to know about getting an iPhone screen replaced at an Apple Store versus getting one replaced by yourself or someone else using an off-brand part.
The Key Takeaways
- All Apple screens come with high-quality parts and labor, whereas third-party screens are of inferior quality.
- Non-Apple replacement screens are cheaper than Apple screen replacement, but non-Apple screens don’t come with a warranty.
- When you purchase from Apple Stores, there are no shipping fees.
- If anything goes wrong with your Apple store screen replacement within one year of purchase, they will fix it free of charge.
- A Non-Apple Replacement Screen is not subject to the same quality control measures as the Apple store screen replacement.
What’s an Apple iPhone LCD Screen?
An iPhone LCD screen is the display that sits on top of the phone’s mainboard. The mainboard is what houses all of the phone’s internals, including the processor, memory, and storage. The LCD screen is responsible for displaying all of the visual information that you see when you use your iPhone.
This includes your apps, icons, menus, and other on-screen content. When there is a problem with the phone’s LCD screen, it can prevent users from being able to access these functions without first resetting their device.
A replacement iPhone LCD screen fixes this issue by replacing the old one with a new one. When choosing between an Apple Store replacement screen or a non-Apple replacement screen, there are key differences to keep in mind.
Non-Apple replacement screens are cheaper than their Apple counterparts, but they do not come with any of the guarantees that go along with them. Many unscrupulous companies offer cheap screens as if they were real ones to exploit unsuspecting customers.
The Differences Between an Apple Store Replacement Screen and a Non-Apple Replacement Screen
When you take your iPhone to the Apple Store for a screen replacement, you can be sure that you’re getting an OEM (original equipment manufacturer) screen. This means that the screen will be identical to the one that came on your phone originally. How is this screen different from the non-Apple screen? Let’s find out:
The Difference in Prize
An Apple Store Screen Replacement costs about $129 for the iPhone 6s Plus. A Non-Apple Screen Replacement costs about $89. So, what’s the difference? First, let’s look at the price. An Apple Store Screen Replacement is $40 more expensive. What do you get for the extra $40?
- The first thing to note is that all Apple screens come with high-quality parts and labor.
- When you purchase from Apple Stores, there are no shipping fees.
- If anything goes wrong with your screen within one year of purchase, they will fix it free of charge.
On the flip side, when purchasing from other retailers, there is no guarantee that they will replace your screen if something goes wrong.
An Apple Store Replacement Screen is made of high-quality materials designed to last. It undergoes laborious testing to ensure that it meets Apple’s high standards.
A Non-Apple Replacement Screen, on the other hand, is not subject to the same quality control measures. Subsequently, it may not last as long or work as well as an Apple Store Replacement Screen.
When you need help with your screen repair, an Apple Store offers knowledgeable staff members who will walk you through each process step. You can’t get this in-person service at any third-party store.
Digitizer (Touch Sensor) Design
The digitizer design is the main difference between an Apple Store replacement screen and a non-Apple replacement screen.
The digitizer is typically the part of the screen that detects when you touch it. On an Apple replacement screen, the digitizer is designed to work with the Touch ID feature on your iPhone. This means you’ll be able to use your fingerprint to unlock your phone and make purchases.
On a non-Apple replacement screen, the digitizer isn’t designed to work with Touch ID. This means you won’t be able to use your fingerprint to unlock your phone or make purchases.
Another difference is that Apple uses a stronger adhesive to attach the digitizer to the LCD, which makes it less likely for the digitizer to come loose over time.
You should also note that Apple designs the digitizer as part of the screen, but third parties create it on the glass. Comparing the two, the Apple one is of superior quality.
When you take your iPhone to the Apple Store for a screen replacement, they will give you a warranty on their work. If something goes wrong with your screen within a certain period, you can take it back to the Apple Store for free fixing.
On the other hand, if you get your screen replaced by a non-Apple store, you will not be given a warranty. You will have to pay to fix your screen if something goes wrong.
In general, replacing your screen at the Apple Store is a better option because you are more likely to be pleased with the work and have a warranty if something goes wrong.
An Apple Store Replacement Screen is made from stronger materials that are less likely to scratch or shatter. The digitizer is also better quality, so your screen will be more responsive to touch. The color accuracy is also better on an Apple screen, so images and videos will look more vibrant.
Overall, you’re paying for a better-quality product that will last longer. If you have the money to spend on something that’ll save you time in the long run, it’s worth it.
On the other hand, non-Apple screens are of poor quality. They often come with scratches and dead pixels right out of the box. In addition, they lack compatibility with most cases because they don’t offer all four corners protection as Apple screens do.
Finally, you can’t take them into an Apple store for warranty service. So, if you want something cheap and flimsy to put up with for a few months before buying another one, buy a non-Apple replacement screen!
Benefits of Apple Store Screen Replacement
- An Apple Store will use only genuine Apple parts when replacing your screen, so you can be sure that the quality of the replacement will be just as good as the original.
- Apple Stores have experienced technicians who are familiar with all of the company’s products. They’ll know exactly how to fix your phone quickly and efficiently.
- You get a warranty for work done.
- The screen replaced is durable.
- Better response and performance of the digitizer.
- Overall better color display.
Cons of an Apple Store Screen Replacement
Before running to the Apple store for a new screen, there are a few things to consider:
- Cost: An Apple replacement screen will likely be more expensive than a non-Apple replacement screen. Pros of Non-Apple Screen Replacement
If you’re searching for a cheaper option for replacing your cracked iPhone screen, you might be considering a non-Apple store replacement screen. Here are some pros of going this route:
- You’ll save money: An Apple store screen replacement will cost you $129, while a non-Apple replacement screen will cost you around $60 to $89.
- You won’t have to wait as long: An Apple store screen replacement can take up to three days, while a non-Apple replacement screen can be done in under an hour.
- You can get it done at a convenient location: Many phone repair shops will replace your iPhone screen, so you don’t have to go out of your way to find an Apple store.
Cons of Non-Apple Store Screen Replacement
While non-Apple screens are cheaper, they often have several disadvantages:
- The color quality may not match the rest of your device.
- The screen sensitivity may be off, so you’ll have a more challenging time using your phone.
- The lifespan of a non-Apple replacement screen is often shorter than that of an Apple replacement screen. So, while saving some money upfront, you’ll likely spend more in the long run.
- A non-Apple store may not use genuine parts, resulting in a lower-quality replacement screen that is more prone to breakage or other issues.
- Non-Apple stores may not have technicians who are as experienced or familiar with Apple products. This could lead to a longer repair time or even improper repairs.
- You won’t be covered under warranty if something goes wrong with your non-Apple replacement screen.
Apple Store Screen Replacement vs. Non-Apple: Which is Better?
If you’re debating between replacing your screen at the Apple Store or using a non-Apple option, you should remember a few things. First, Apple screens are typically more expensive than third-party options. However, they may also be of higher quality.
When replacing your screen, you’ll want to decide what’s most important to you: cost or quality. There is no correct answer; each person has their preferences and priorities. In general, if you can afford it, it’s worth getting your screen replaced by Apple because their products are of better quality.
Alternatively, a third party might suit your needs better if money is tight, but you still want high-quality service.
Walking downtown, you hear a sickening crunch under your shoe. You look down to see your iPhone screen in pieces. Your first reaction is to go to the Apple Store and fix it. But then you remember that you have a warranty with SquareTrade that will cover the replacement screen cost. So, which should you choose?
It is evident that Apple screen replacement is superior and authentic, but your budget will dictate your choice. If you have money, go for an Apple store screen replacement, but if money is the issue, you can consider going to the retailer shop for a third-party screen replacement.