Can you shower with Apple Watch Series 5? Yes. You can shower with Apple Watch Series 5 as it is waterproof; therefore, you can shower with it. Apple’s Watch Series 5 has new features that could make it even more valuable to you than your current model. There’s the built-in EKG functionality, which lets you monitor your heart rate and the electrical activity of your heart in real-time. But the other new feature may be more applicable to your daily life. It’s waterproof up to 164 feet deep (50 meters). So, can you shower with Apple Watch Series 5? Let’s explore what makes it tick.
The Key Takeaways
- The Apple Watch Series 5 is water-resistant up to 50 meters deep.
- Apple Watch 5 is made of new stainless steel and ceramic materials that are corrosion-resistant.
- When showering with Apple Watch 5, ensure that no part of the metal band or buttons directly touches any part of your body when submerged, as this could lead to an electric shock.
- Wearing other metal items (jewelry) in water with your Apple Watch may interfere with its function.
- After you come out of the water, dry your watch thoroughly so it doesn’t get damaged.
- When going for a shower, enable the Water Lock feature. This will prevent your watch from accidental button presses.
Understanding the Apple Watch Series 5
The Apple Watch Series 5 is a sleek watch, and people are already wondering if they can shower with it. After all, the previous models were not waterproof. So, what’s the deal with Series 5? To answer this question, let’s first understand a little bit about the Apple Watch in general.
For starters, there are two types of watches: Activity Watches and Smart Watches. Activity Watches track your daily movements (both your workouts and everyday activities), while Smart Watches do a little more. With the latter type of watch, you’ll be able to do things like check email or text messages right from your wrist without ever having to pull out your phone or tablet – which is handy!
Let’s take a look at how each one handles water differently. Now, it should go without saying that neither type of watch will work underwater – but some activity watches may fare better in wet conditions than others.
So, back to the initial query: Can you shower with Apple Watch 5? In short, yes. That being said, since you want to keep your activity tracker working properly and preserve battery life on your smartwatch for future use, you should always ensure that both devices are taken off before stepping into the tub or getting under the faucet for a quick rinse-off.
If possible – and this may vary depending on the model – turn off notifications so that incoming alerts don’t pop up when it’s time for a good scrubbing down.
Can You Shower with Apple Watch Series 5? (Series 5’s Waterproof Abilities)
When the first Apple Watch was released, it wasn’t waterproof. In fact, you weren’t even supposed to get it wet. But times have changed, and the latest versions of the watch, including the Series 5, are water-resistant up to 50 meters.
So, can you shower with your Apple Watch 5? Yes, but you should remember a few things:
- Ensure that the watch’s power is on before you go in the shower or pool because it will not track your swims if its power is off.
- Ensure that no part of the metal band or buttons directly touches any part of your body when submerged (it could lead to an electric shock).
- Try not to wear other metal items (jewelry) in water with your Apple Watch, as they may interfere with its function.
- Finally, after you come out of the water, dry your watch thoroughly so it doesn’t get damaged.
How to Shower with Your Apple Watch
You can shower with your Apple Watch Series 5, just like you could with any other water-resistant model. Here’s how to go about it without damaging your watch.
Switch on the Water Lock Feature
Apple Watch Series 5 is water-resistant, so you can shower with it without worry. However, if you want to be extra careful, you can enable the Water Lock feature. This will prevent your watch from accidental button presses while you’re in the shower. Here’s how to do it
- Open Settings on your iPhone
- Select General
- Select Accessibility
- Tap on Water Lock
- Toggle the switch on and off
Alternatively, you may swipe up from the bottom of your watch’s screen to access the command center. Follow this by rotating the digital crown until a water icon appears. Tap the icon, and the Water Lock feature will turn on.
While the Water Lock feature is on, the screen ceases to respond to Taps and swipes.
When you come out of the shower, ensure you rotate your Apple Watch’s crown. You will hear the watch peeping a few times as it expels any trace of water that might have entered the mic or the speakers. After this, the screen will reactivate.
What You Should Know about Apple Watch Series 5
The Apple Watch Series 5 is among the latest in the apple family, so why not take it in the shower? Well, that’s where waterproof comes into play. There are different levels of water resistance.
Water-resistant (WR) means that your watch can handle some contact with water, even if you get caught in a rainstorm. Some watches even have a specific water-resistance rating, like IPX8. Waterproof (WP) means you can submerge your watch to specific depths, and it will still work when you take it out — typically from 30 meters up to 50 meters (roughly 100 feet).
The Apple Watch Series 5 is the latest and greatest smartwatch on the market. It’s packed with features and a sleek design, making it the perfect accessory for any outfit. One of the best features of the Series 5 is its water resistance.
That’s right; you can now take your Apple Watch into the shower with you! But don’t track how many calories you’re burning or turn off your alarm while in there because those functions are not waterproof.
Before putting on your watch in the shower, there are still some precautions:
- Ensure your iPhone is outside the bathroom (this sounds common sense but accidents happen).
- Ensure all of the apps you want to use while showering are compatible with iOS 11.3 or later, so they have proper protection from water damage.
- Now you’ll be able to quickly check your notifications without having to get out of the shower!
The Benefits of Apple Watch Series 5
Why use an Apple watch over a smartphone in the shower?
- The watch is designed to be water-resistant.
- The watch is less likely to break if dropped.
- The watch is less likely to get damaged by soap and water.
- The watch is more comfortable to wear in the shower.
- The watch is easier to keep track of in the shower.
- The watch can control music playback in the shower.
How to Care for Your Apple Watch 5 After the Shower
After showering, here’s how to clean and care for your new Apple Watch Series 5.
- First, rinse off the watch with fresh water.
- Then, use mild soap if needed to remove any residue. Avoid using any harsh chemicals or abrasives.
- Next, dry the watch thoroughly with a soft, lint-free cloth.
- Finally, place the watch in a well-ventilated area to air dry completely before putting it back on.
When ready to put it back on, shake out any excess moisture from the band and ensure the screen is not wet before inserting your wrist through the strap. Remember that these steps can also be applied to every other type of Apple Watch!
Frequently Asked Questions
Does Showering with My Apple Watch 5 Pose Any Risk?
If you’re thinking about showering with your new Apple Watch, you might wonder if it’s safe. After all, your watch is a pretty expensive piece of technology. The worst scenario is for the water or steam to fry your device and make it inoperable.
However, for several reasons, you should feel comfortable taking a nice hot shower with your new Apple Watch. The device has been made water-resistant up to 50 meters deep and tested in salt water!
The Bottom Line
You can shower with your new Apple Watch Series 5. In fact, Apple recommends that you do! Here’s why: the watch is water resistant to 50 meters so a few drops won’t hurt it. The new stainless steel and ceramic materials are more corrosion-resistant than the previous models. So go shower with your watch – just don’t forget to dry it off afterward!