Yes. You can play music on Apple Watch without headphones. If you listen to music on your Apple Watch, then you’re probably already aware that it doesn’t have a built-in speaker. You can either listen to music on your iPhone through the watch’s Bluetooth connection to your headphones or play music over the watch’s in-built speaker, but only if you have headphones plugged in.
Can You Play Music on Apple Watch without Headphones? The answer may surprise you as there are several ways you can listen to music from your watch without using headphones.
The Key Takeaways
- You can sync your Apple Watch and the iPhone to transfer music from your Apple Watch to the iPhone.
- If you prefer a wireless option, you can connect Bluetooth to your watch and listen to music via a Bluetooth speaker.
- When playing music on your Apple Watch, remember that it quickly dries the watch’s battery.
- There is a watch app on your iPhone that enables you to listen to music from an Apple watch.
- You can use AirPods to play music and other audio on your Apple Watch, even without headphones.
A Common Misconception About the Apple Watch
Many think headphones are the only way to play music on the Apple Watch. However, this isn’t the case. If you have an iPhone and an Apple Watch, you can play music on your watch without headphones. The Apple Watch has a 3.5mm jack to plug any pair of wired or wireless earbuds or headphones into for playback.
You’ll need Bluetooth to connect wirelessly to your watch but if you’re looking for wired options, try out these affordable solutions:
- Anker SoundCore nano.
- UE MEGABOOM Wireless Bluetooth Speaker.
- Bose QuietComfort 25 Acoustic Noise Cancelling Headphones.
How Can I Play Music on Apple Watch Without Headphones?
You may be surprised that you can play music on your Apple Watch without headphones. How is this possible? Well, it’s because the watch has a speaker built into it. There are some limitations regarding what kind of things the speaker will amplify, but if you want an option for listening to music and don’t have any other audio device available, this might be worth considering.
A couple of critical points about playing music through the watch:
- It will use up a lot of battery power and quickly drain your battery life.
- It’s not loud enough to compete with outside noise.
- You should avoid using it in crowded places or public spaces where you need silence.
- The sound quality isn’t good enough for anything more than just playing background music, so don’t expect anything close to high-quality sound.
Nonetheless, here is how you can play music on an Apple watch without headphones:
Use Wireless Speakers
While you can’t play music directly from the Apple Watch, you can use wireless speakers to amplify the sound. This is an excellent option if you’re at a party or in a public place and want to share your music with others. Here’s how to do it:
- Ensure your wireless speaker is turned on and within range of your Apple Watch.
- Open the Music app on your watch and select the song you want to play.
- Tap the AirPlay icon in the upper-right corner of the Now Playing screen.
- Select your speaker from the list of available devices.
- Adjust the volume on your watch or speaker as needed.
If you have a pair of wireless speakers, you can easily connect them to your Apple Watch and enjoy music without wearing headphones. This is a great option when working out or moving freely while still listening to your favorite tunes. Here’s how to do it:
- Make sure your wireless speakers are turned on and in the range of the watch.
- Open the Apple Watch’s settings.
- Tap Bluetooth.
- Tap the speaker you want to connect with.
- Once the speaker is connected, open the Music app on your watch and start playing a song.
Connect Airpods Through a Charging Disk
First, open the case with your AirPods inside and hold it close to your iPhone. A setup animation should appear on your iPhone’s screen.
- Tap Connect and wait for a few seconds while the connection is established.
- Open the Control Center by swiping up from the bottom of your iPhone’s screen.
- Find the music control panel and tap the play button to start playing music from your AirPods!
If you want to adjust the volume, use the volume buttons on your iPhone.
Use Bluetooth Speakers
You can use Bluetooth speakers with your Apple Watch. Ensure the speaker is powered on and within range of your watch. To connect, open the Settings app on your watch, tap Bluetooth, and then tap the speaker’s name.
Suppose you have an iPhone; you can also use AirPlay to play music from your watch through a compatible speaker. Here is how:
- First, turn on your watch’s Wi-Fi and open Control Center.
- Tap the icon at the top right corner of Control Center (it looks like two rectangles with three lines) and choose Stream audio to speakers.
- Next, select the speaker you want to send the audio from the list provided.
- If you don’t see it there, choose Add Speaker, and enter in any password required by the connected device (e.g., 123456).
- Once connected, close Control Center and go back into it again; at this point, all of your devices should show up in its search bar under Connected Speakers.
Listen Through the Watch App on Your iPhone
- Open the Watch app on your iPhone.
- Go to the My Watch tab and scroll down to the Music section.
- Tap on Sources and make sure that the iPhone option is selected.
- Now, open the Music app on your iPhone and start playing a song. The music will play through your watch’s speaker.
Use a Headphone Amplifier
If you’re looking to use your Apple Watch as a primary music player, you may wonder if you can play music on the device without headphones. The answer is yes, but there are a few caveats. First, you’ll need to purchase a headphone amplifier. These devices aren’t too expensive, and they’ll allow you to play music through your watch’s built-in speaker.
However, the sound quality won’t be excellent. You’ll still need to use headphones if you’re looking for the best possible sound quality. But a headphone amplifier will do the trick if you’re looking to play some tunes while you’re getting ready for your day.
How to Set Up an Apple Watch
Setting up an Apple Watch is easy and only takes a few minutes. Here’s how:
- Open the Apple Watch app.
- Tap Start Pairing and hold your iPhone next to your Apple Watch.
- Wait for a message that says, “Use your iPhone to set up this Apple Watch.”
- Tap Continue and follow the instructions on your iPhone.
- When asked, enter your passcode on your iPhone.
- On your iPhone, tap “Set Up as New or Restore from Backup.” If you’re restoring from a backup, make sure you have a recent backup of your device.
How to Use AirPods for Music and Media Playback
AirPods are awesome for so many reasons. They’re portable, they sound great, and they’re easy to use. However, one of the exciting things about AirPods is that you can use them to play music and other audio on your Apple Watch, even if you don’t have headphones. Here’s how:
- Ensure your AirPods are connected to your iPhone, and your watch is within range.
- Swipe up from the Apple Watch’s bottom screen to open the Control Center.
- Tap the music icon.
- Find the song or audio you want to play and tap it.
- If you want to change songs, scroll left or right until you find what you’re looking for.
- If you’d rather see a list of all the songs in your library, tap “My Library” at the top of the screen and then Playlist.
- If you find something but don’t want to listen to it now, hold down on it until an x appears over its name.
- To return to where you were before opening Control Center, swipe down from the top-right corner of the screen until Control Center disappears, and any open app icons will reappear onscreen.
- Start enjoying iTunes!
What is Syncing the Apple Watch and iPhone, and How Does it Work
Syncing the Apple Watch and iPhone is a process that allows the two devices to share information. This process can transfer music from one device to the other. To do this, you must have the music files on both devices. Once the music is on both devices, you can use the sync feature to transfer the music from one device to the other. To sync your Apple Watch with your iPhone:
- Open the Watch app on your iPhone.
- Tap My Watch at the bottom of the screen.
- Tap General.
- Scroll down to find Synced Content and tap it.
- Scroll down to find Music, tap it, then tap Done in the upper right corner.
Can My Apple Watch Play Loud Music?
Many people think that the answer to this question is a resounding no. After all, the watch is so small- how could it produce enough sound to be heard without headphones? However, the truth is that your Apple Watch can play music out loud- and it can get pretty loud too! Here’s how
- Tap the Music app from your home screen.
- Tap Library from the menu bar at the bottom of the screen.
- Select Synced Music from under Library and tap on a song you want to listen to.
- Drag that song until you see two arrows (one pointing left and one pointing right).
- Once you see these arrows, drag them apart to adjust the volume. If you drag them apart more than halfway, you’ll hear your Apple Watch playing loud music!
If you’re an iPhone user considering purchasing an Apple Watch, you may be wondering if you can play music on the device without headphones. The answer is yes – but there are a few things to remember. First, you’ll need to have an iPhone that’s paired with your watch. Second, you’ll need to download the Apple Watch app onto your phone. Once done, you can access your music library from the app and play tunes right from your watch. Remember that since the watch doesn’t have speakers, you’ll need to have Bluetooth speakers or earbuds handy to listen to your music.