If you are an iPhone user and suddenly see your phone screen turns white and isn’t showing any icons or apps then you probably be facing the infamous iPhone White Screen problem. If that is the case then there is nothing to worry about because this is a common issue with the iPhone. iPhone is a very reliable device but from time to time it experiences trouble and the “White Screen of Death” is the most feared one. This is an operating system issue that makes the device stop working, and displays a white screen instead. So if you have encountered this annoying problem then read this article. The solutions explained in this article can often fix the bright white screen problem of the iPhone. Let’s check them out!
The Causes Of The iPhone White Screen Problem
1. A failed software update could cause a White Screen of Death for the iPhone. While updating your iPhone OS sometimes the update fay fails and causes the white screen problem.
2. If for any reason you want to jailbreak your iPhone, you can face this problem. Sometimes the jailbreak fails and leads to this problem.
3. If there is any problem with the hardware of your iPhone then you may encounter the iPhone white screen problem. For example, the connector might come loose after the phone dropped from your hand resulting in the White Screen of Death.
4. Sometimes the low battery may also become the reason behind a White Screen of Death problem. When your iPhone’s battery falls too low, all system functions may stop working and resulting in a problem.
Method 1 – Fix The White Screen Of Death On IPhone With Dr.Fone
Dr.fone is a very popular and widely used data recovery and iOS system repair app for iPhones. This app is compatible with most of the iPhone models and you can download the app completely free. With this app, you can restore the iPhone as well as recover other major data types like messages, videos, contacts, etc. Now follow these steps to restore your iPhone:
1. First, connect your iPhone to the computer via USB cables
2. Now, download and install the Dr.fone on your computer
3. Now launch the app on your computer and from the main window, select “System Repair”
4. Then from the available options select “Standard Mode”
5. The app will begin the repair process by downloading the latest iOS firmware
6. As soon as the firmware download is completed, Dr.Fone will start repairing your phone for the bright white screen problem
Method 2 – Restore IPhone Using MacOS Catalina
1. First, turn off the Find My feature on your iPhone
2. Now connect your iPhone to the computer via USB cables
3. Then launch the Finder application on your computer
4. Now from the sidebar click on your device name
5. From the available options select Restore iPhone
6. If you want to create a backup of your phone then click on the Backup option
7. Then select the restore button
8. It will delete all the data of your iPhone and reset your iPhone to factory settings
Method 3 – Restore IPhone Using iTunes
You can easily restore the iPhone with iTunes. Follow these simple steps:
1. First, connect your iPhone to the computer via USB cables
2. Now open the iTunes app on your computer
3. Then click on the device icon in the upper left corner of the iTunes window
4. From the available option select the Device Summary
5. Then click on the Restore Backup
6. Now from the available option select your device and click Restore
7. You will require entering the Apple ID and password to unlock your iPhone backups
8. Now from the available backup select the backup you want to use
9. It will take a while to restore the backup from iTunes and solve the bright white screen issue of the iPhone
Method 4 – Fix Bright White Screen On IPhone By Entering DFU Mode
1. First, connect the iPhone to a computer via USB cable
2. Now press and hold down the “Sleep/Wake Button” and “Home Button” together for 10 seconds
3. After 10 seconds release the “Sleep/Wake Button” button but continue pressing the “Home Button’ for another 15 seconds
4. You will see a pop-up message that says “iTunes has detected an iPhone in recovery mode”
5. Once you saw the message let go of the “Home Button” and your iPhone screen will be completely black
6. Finally, restore the iPhone with iTunes
If you encounter the White Screen of Death issue with your iPhone then you can’t do anything with your phone. This can be a huge inconvenience in certain situations. So knowing a few quick solutions to fix this problem can help you immensely to save time and money. I hope you find the above information very helpful. Feel free to share your opinion regarding this article. We appreciate every critic.
What Can I Do If My iPhone Screen Is Too Bright?
One of the adjustments that iPhone users can make to their screen is the brightness setting. If the screen is too bright, it can be adjusted by accessing the Settings app on your phone, then opening Display & Brightness. Find the “Auto-Brightness” section and click on it. You will see a slider that allows you to adjust how bright or dark you want your screen to be.
What Can I Do If My iPhone Screen Is Cracked?
For those who have had the misfortune of cracking their iPhone screen, this process offers some tips on what to do.
The first step is to remove any dust and debris from the screen with a dry cloth, and then put the device in a cool, dark place with low humidity and no dust. Next, if your phone still powers on and functions correctly, you can use it as long as it’s off-screen (though with a cracked screen, this may not be possible).
How Do I Turn Off The Flashlight On My iPhone?
– This question has been asked several times.
– In order to turn off the flashlight on your device, all you have to do is tap and hold the screen until a button pops up.
– Tap the button and select “turn off” from the list of options.
Why Does My Phone’s Screen Look Different?
Before you go out and buy a new phone, it’s important to understand why your phone may look different. A new phone is not guaranteed to fix the issue. Most of the time, an app or screen protector is causing this appearance. You should also check if the brightness controls are on, some phones have auto-brightness features that dim the display on its own.