The 5 best ways to connect a Bluetooth speaker to your Apple TV include AirPlay, plugging in a cable directly, using an HDMI ARC cable, using AirParrot, or using an audio receiver or adapter to connect it wirelessly. Remember that Apple doesn’t natively support Bluetooth connections, although there are various ways to get it to work. So, without further ado, let’s explore the 5 best ways to connect your Bluetooth speaker to your Apple TV.
The Key Takeaways
- Apple doesn’t natively support Bluetooth connections, but you can use options such as Airplay or plug in the cable directly.
- Bluetooth speakers are compatible with Apple TVs in that you can use the speakers to listen to music, watch movies, and play games.
- Using a cable to connect a Bluetooth speaker to an Apple TV is the easiest way and you will need a 3.5mm audio cable if you’re using an older model Apple TV.
- HDMI ARC cable is another option to connect a Bluetooth speaker to an Apple TV.
- One way to help reduce latency is to ensure your speaker and Apple TV are as close to each other as possible.
What’s a Bluetooth Speaker and How Does it Work?
A Bluetooth speaker is typically a wireless speaker that uses Bluetooth technology to connect to your devices. You can use it with your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, or Mac. And with some models, you can even use it as a stereo system with two speakers. Here’s how it works:
- Make sure the speaker and the Apple TV are paired: Pairing is connecting two Bluetooth-enabled devices for the first time. Start with turning on the speaker and follow the instructions for pairing on your device. Once the Apple TV and the Bluetooth speakers get paired, they’ll remember each other.
- Ensure you turn up the volume: Ensure your speaker and your Apple TV are set to an audible level before playing music or watching a video, so you don’t miss any sound!
- Play music through any app: Open up Spotify, Pandora, Google Playhttps://techbiva.com/how-to-stream-audio-from-android-to-pc/ Music, or anything! Your favorite songs will be streaming out loud and clear in no time.
Pairing Bluetooth Speakers to an Apple TV
Pairing your Bluetooth speaker with an Apple TV is a straightforward task. Here is how:
- Ensure that your Apple TV and Bluetooth speaker are powered on and in range of each other.
- Go to Settings > Remotes and Devices > Bluetooth on your Apple TV.
- Look at the list of devices that appear and select your Bluetooth speaker.
- Set your speakers to pairing mode, and your Apple TV will search for the speakers. Once the speaker and the TV are paired, you should hear audio from your speaker.
Are Bluetooth Speakers Compatible with Apple TVs?
Yes, Bluetooth speakers are compatible with Apple TVs. You can use the speakers to listen to music, watch movies, and play games. There are several ways to connect a Bluetooth speaker to your Apple TV, and we’ve outlined the five best methods below:
Connect via AirPlay
AirPlay is Apple’s proprietary wireless audio protocol. To use AirPlay, you’ll need an AirPlay-compatible device, such as an Apple TV, and an AirPlay-compatible speaker. Follow these steps to connect your devices:
- Ensure that your AirPlay-compatible speaker and Apple TV are on and in range.
- On your Apple TV, go to Settings > Audio & Video > AirPlay.
- Select your AirPlay-compatible speaker from the list of available devices.
- If prompted, enter the password for your AirPlay-compatible speaker.
- Select the audio output you want to use for your AirPlay-compatible speaker. You can choose between the TV speakers or your AirPlay-compatible speaker.
- Choose the volume level for your AirPlay-compatible speaker from 0 (lowest) to 10 (highest). Once connected, any audio playing on your Apple TV will automatically be sent to your AirPlay-compatible speaker. If you don’t have an AirPlay-compatible speaker, there are plenty of ways to enjoy music wirelessly using Apple TV!
Plug in Directly
The easiest way to connect your Bluetooth speaker to your Apple TV is by using a cable. If you have an older model of the Apple TV, you’ll need a 3.5mm audio cable. Newer models have a digital audio output, so you’ll need an optical audio cable.
Once you’ve plugged in your speaker, go to the Settings app on your Apple TV and select ‘Sound.’ From there, select ‘Output’ and choose your speaker from the list. You can also rename your speaker here if you want.
If you don’t see it in the list, try turning off your TV and reconnecting it via Bluetooth. Remember that only one device at a time can be connected to your Apple TV via Bluetooth!
Use an HDMI ARC Cable
Another excellent way to connect a Bluetooth speaker to your Apple TV is to use an HDMI ARC cable. This will allow you to connect the two devices without taking extra steps. It will provide the best sound quality since the audio will come directly from the TV.
Ensure your Bluetooth speaker and Apple TV are turned on before connecting them with the HDMI ARC cable. Then, plug one end of the HDMI ARC cable into the Audio Out port of your TV and the other into the AUX In port of your Bluetooth speaker. And voila! You’re all set.
Note: Suppose you have an older model of Apple TV that doesn’t have an Audio Out port; this solution won’t work for you.
Use AirParrot Software
AirParrot is one of the best ways to connect your Bluetooth speaker to your Apple TV. It’s straightforward to use and has excellent sound quality. Also, it’s affordable and works with any speaker with an aux input. If you’re worried about latency or echo effects, don’t be. You can adjust all those settings in advance, so they work perfectly for you.
What if I want more than just audio? If you want video and audio output from your Apple TV, check out OSMC (Open Source Media Center). You’ll require a computer or laptop running Linux or OSX to run this software and control playback via keyboard or mouse. Still, OSMC offers some neat features like automatic subtitle downloading.
Use an Audio Receiver or Adapter
If your speaker doesn’t have Bluetooth built-in, you can use an audio receiver or adapter to connect it wirelessly. There are a few different adapters, so choose one compatible with your speaker. Once you have gotten the adapter, follow the instructions that come with it.
Check Your Device Manual
Finally, the best thing is always to check your device manual. Many devices have different ways of connecting to Bluetooth, and you’ll want to ensure you’re following the proper steps for your particular device.
Benefits of Pairing Your Bluetooth Speaker to an Apple TV
There are many benefits of connecting your Apple TV to a Bluetooth speaker. Here are a few:
- It enables you to enjoy your favorite shows and movies with enhanced sound quality.
- It allows you to place your speaker anywhere in the room without worrying about cords or wires.
- It enables you to easily control the volume of your speaker directly from your Apple TV remote.
- It eliminates additional speakers or sound systems in your home theater setup.
- It is a great way to improve the audio quality of your music streaming services, such as Pandora or Spotify.
- It extends the battery life of your Bluetooth speaker if you use your phone or tablet as a power source.
Are There Any Drawbacks When Connecting Your Bluetooth Speaker to Apple TV?
Yes. A few drawbacks are associated with connecting your Bluetooth speaker to an Apple TV. Here they are:
- While most newer Bluetooth speakers support the AAC codec, which offers better sound quality than older versions, some speakers may still use the lower-quality SBC codec, resulting in tinny or distorted audio.
- Another potential issue is latency or the delay between when the audio is sent from your Apple TV and when you hear it from your speaker. This can be especially noticeable when watching videos, as the audio may not be in sync with the visuals.
Tips: One way to help reduce latency is to ensure your speaker and Apple TV are as close to each other as possible.
Suppose you’re using an older version of Apple TV; you may need a separate adapter to connect your Bluetooth speaker.
There are many excellent ways to connect your Bluetooth speaker to your Apple TV. The best way will depend on the type of speaker that you have and what other devices you might be using. We recommend using an audio cable to find the easiest way to connect your speaker. Suppose you’re looking for the best sound quality; we recommend using an optical audio cable. Whichever method you choose, we hope that this guide has helped you figure out how to connect your Bluetooth speaker to your Apple TV.