The Canon 60D offers an impressive level of control, shooting capabilities, and Wi-Fi functionality. The camera boasts the Digic 4 image processor, 9-point autofocus system, 3 frames per second continuous shooting speed, and full HD video recording at 30 frames per second with manual controls in movie mode. While many photographers are keen to get their hands on this powerful DSLR, it can be challenging to determine which 60D Wi-Fi options are worth your time and money. However, an option like Eye-Fi will Work magic for you.
Does the Canon 60D Have Wi-Fi?
The Canon 60D doesn’t have Wi-Fi, but you can wirelessly transmit files using Eye-fi cards. If you’re a photographer looking for a camera with Wi-Fi capabilities, the Canon 60D is a great option. This camera has several Wi-Fi options that make connecting to your computer or other devices easy.
Canon 60D Features
Here are a few features of the Canon 60D camera:
Remote Shooting with Mobile Device
One of the popular features of this camera is remote shooting. You can set up your mobile device and control every aspect of your DSLR from any location, provided you have an internet connection.
Sync with Web Services
Another great option if you’re looking for Canon 60D Wi-Fi functionality is syncing with web services like YouTube, Facebook, Flickr, and Picasa. When you post photos on these sites, they will automatically be synced to your DSLR to avoid getting mixed up among all the other images in your collection.
Canon 60D Wi-Fi Options
Here are a few Canon 60D Wi-Fi options to explore:
Canon Camera Connect App
Suppose you crave an easy way to transfer photos and videos from your Canon 60D to your smartphone or tablet; you’ll want to check out the Canon Camera Connect app. With the canon camera connect app, you can quickly transfer files wirelessly, making it an excellent option if you want to share photos and videos with others.
Since the Canon Camera Connect app is available for iOS and Android devices, most users can download it without problems.
Canon Image Gateway
Canon Image Gateway is a great way to share your photos with friends and family. With this service, you can upload your photos to the internet and share them with anyone you want. You also have an option to create photo albums and slideshows and even order prints of your photos. All of this can be done from your Canon 60D camera. here is another option for Improve The Quality Of Pictures canon camera for sports photography.
If you decide that you want to print some of your favorite shots, it’s easy! Select the print option and select which photos you would like printed. You’ll also have access to editing tools so that you can make changes before printing as well.
Suppose you decide that you want to see some of your images on TV, using Canon Remote Camera App, it’s possible! Here is how:
- Download the Canon Remote Camera app onto any smartphone or tablet device.
- Turn on Wi-Fi on both devices.
- Choose Wi-Fi mode on the camera, scan the QR code displayed in the app via the iPad/tablet’s camera (or enter the Wi-Fi password manually) – and you are done.
Eye-Fi cards are unique memory cards that come with built-in Wi-Fi capabilities. This means that you can transfer photos and videos from your camera to your computer, smartphone, or tablet without ever having to remove the card from the camera.
There are two different versions of the Eye-Fi card: a Pro version and a Connect X2 version. The Pro version comes with an SD card adapter that plugs into your computer’s SD slot, while the Connect X2 version comes with an SD card adapter that plugs into your laptop’s USB port.
How to Use a Wireless Card with Canon 60D
If you want to use a wireless card with your Canon 60D, there are a few things you need to know. First, you’ll need to purchase a compatible wireless card. Then, you’ll need to install the card on your camera. Once the card is installed, connect your camera to a Wi-Fi network and transfer files wirelessly.
- Purchase an SDHC/SDXC Class 10 memory card that supports 802.11a/b/g/n and insert it into your Canon 60D camera.
- Open Menu > Setup > Wireless Communication Settings > Select Access Point Mode
- Select On and enter your desired SSID (Wi-Fi Network Name).
- Press the function button on the camera three times (MENU, SETUP, QUIT). You should now see an available list of networks.
- Select Set up or Connect from the desired SSID list of networks and enter your password if necessary.
- Check Enable WPS Push Button Configuration if needed, and press the WPS button on your router. Ensure the lights turn green before proceeding.
- Enter AP name as either Auto or YourSSID1 (no spaces), then press the Reset All option to save settings. The camera will then reconnect automatically.
Connecting a Canon 60D Camera to a Computer
There are a few options to connect your Canon 60D camera to a computer. You can use a USB cable, connect wirelessly over Wi-Fi, or use an Eye-Fi card. A USB cable will work in both Windows and Mac operating systems and is the most reliable option if your computers don’t support wireless connections.
Connecting with Wi-Fi is excellent if you’re already connected to the internet through your home’s router because it eliminates the need for cables. An Eye-Fi card is great if you plan on taking photos with the Canon 60D and uploading them straight from the camera to social media sites like Facebook, Flickr, Tumblr, etc.
Eye-Fi lets you store images directly on an SD card and upload them as soon as they’re captured instead of transferring them via USB connection or uploading them later from a laptop/desktop PC.
How to Transmit Images
One of the great features of the Canon 60D is its ability to transmit images wirelessly. Here are the ways you can set up your camera to transfer images:
- Connect your camera to your computer using the USB cable.
- Select the PC icon on the camera’s LCD screen.
- Select the menu button, then go to the tool’s menu.
- Select Remote Shooting.
- Choose whether you want to transfer all images or a few selected ones.
- Press OK and then hit the set button on the back of the camera.
What is a Canon 60D Wi-Fi Adapter?
A Canon 60D Wi-Fi adapter is a device that allows you to connect your camera to a wireless network. This can be helpful when you wish to transfer files from your camera to your computer or share photos with friends and family. Different adapters are available, so choosing one compatible with your camera and needs is essential.
Can You Connect Canon 60D to Your Phone?
You can connect your Canon 60D to your phone in a few different ways. The first is by using the Canon Camera Connect app. This app allows you to transfer photos and videos from your camera to your phone. You can alternatively use the app to control your camera remotely.
There are other options if you don’t want to go through the hassle of connecting your camera and phone. One option is setting up Canon’s Image Transfer App on your phone. It will then allow you to wirelessly download pictures from your camera onto any device with this app installed.
Canon’s Image Transfer App even has automatic photo backup, so if anything happens to the photos on your camera, they will still be safe!
Additional 60D Wi-Fi Options
EOS Utility: EOS Utility lets you remotely control the settings on your camera from a computer or other device that uses Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 3 or Adobe Photoshop Elements 6. You can also transfer images wirelessly from your computer to your camera and back again.
Remote Live View Shooting: When using Remote Live View Shooting, photographers can shoot remotely by connecting their camera to a PC or tablet via Wi-Fi and operating it remotely from either an iPad or Android tablet. There are even smartphone apps available for this type of remote shooting.
How Can I Shoot Better Pictures with Wireless Connectivity on My Camera?
One of the significant aspects of the Canon 60D is that it offers wireless connectivity options that can help you take better pictures. Here are critical tips on how to make the most of this feature:
- Shoot in RAW format, which captures more data and gives you greater control over your images
- Ensure your camera has battery power before leaving the house, so you don’t miss capturing a critical moment due to a lack of power.
- Pay attention to your shooting modes: Manual Mode lets you control all aspects of photography, including shutter speed, aperture, ISO, and white balance.
- With Image Sensor Cleaning mode enabled, remove any dust or dirt particles from your sensor.
- With Wi-Fi Control mode enabled, use your tablet or phone as a remote control.
Suppose you’re looking for the best Canon 60D Wi-Fi options; you’ll want to consider the following three choices. The first is the Canon Camera Connect app, which allows you to transfer images and videos from the camera to the smartphone or tablet. The second is the Canon Image Gateway, which enables you to access online photo sharing and storage. And finally, there’s the Eye-Fi Mobi card, which lets you wirelessly transfer files from your camera to your computer. All these three options have unique benefits, so be sure to choose the one that best suits your needs.