Yes, there are various landline phone services in the United States without internet. In recent years, most people have preferred using cell phones in making and receiving calls. Cell phones are dependable, portable, and reliable for individuals who spend most of their time outdoors. However, having a landline phone at home or in the office comes with numerous benefits that you can’t afford to ignore.
What Are the Benefits of Having a Landline Home Phone Service?
Although cell phones have become dominant, a home or office landline phone service still has its critical space. You can’t wish it away all that easy. Several reasons may compel you to consider a landline service at home. They include:
- Some o home landline phones come with advanced features to enable you to connect with other smart gadgets available at home.
- Home landline phone services are budget-friendly as you will have one home phone instead of purchasing multiple cell lines for each household member.
- In case of any emergency, your home landline phone receives an immediate response since it is connected to your exact location; thus, the operator knows precisely where to send help.
- Landline home phones are hardwired to provide excellent reception and better voice quality.
Finding a cheap landline service without internet is a challenge nowadays. Most providers provide landline phone services as an add-on option to internet and TV plans.
Nonetheless, some providers offer standalone home landline phone plans without purchasing other plans such as the internet.
Providers offering Cheap Landline Services without Internet
Although it is challenging to find cheap landline phones without internet, we’ve dug and come up with the best and cheapest providers. Sample them below:
1. Century Link Landline Phone Services
The century Link provider offers two affordable landline phone services without internet options. The plans are:
- Basic Home Phone Plan: This plan includes unlimited local calls.
- Unlimited Home Phone Plan: The unlimited home phone plan has unlimited local and long-distance calls. It also has outstanding features such as busy redial, anonymous call rejection, call waiting, caller ID, 3-way calling, voice mail, call return, and call forwarding.
You can visit centurylink.com/phone to learn more before purchasing a cheap landline phone. A basic home phone plan from Century Link might set you back $23.34 per month.
The pros and Cons of Century Link Home Phone Services
- Long-distance calls.
- Advanced features that come with an unlimited home phone plan.
- Excellent coverage.
- Excellent home phone plans.
- Safety and fast response during emergence cases.
- The basic home phone plan doesn’t include long-distance calling.
- It doesn’t include advanced features such as call forwarding and anonymous call rejection in all areas.
2. Cox Landline Phone Services
Cox Company provides affordable standalone landline phone services without internet. The standalone phone services may cost $20 a month. Unlike century Link, Cox has a single home phone plan.
The plan is dubbed the voice preferred plan. It is packed with crystal-clear HD calling, unlimited calling to Mexico, Canada, and the United States, blocking of robocalls, and the ability to answer home calls anywhere with simultaneous ringing.
Suppose you wish to buy Cox’s affordable landline phone service without internet, visit cox.com/residential/phone.html.
The Pros and Cons of Cox Landline Phone Services
- The plan has a 30-day money-back guarantee if you are dissatisfied.
- Ability to answer home phone calls anywhere with simultaneous rings.
- Ability to change or adjust your plan.
- It blocks annoying robotic calls.
- Unlimited calls in Mexico, Canada, and the USA.
- You can customize your phone the way you want.
- Cox home phone services don’t have many advanced features compared to other providers.
3. Spectrum Landline Phone Services
Spectrum provides landline phone services at a lower price. Besides standalone landline phone services, they also offer voice plans combined with the internet. The cost of a basic voice package is $29.99 per month.
Spectrum comes with three phone service plans without internet:
- Spectrum Voice Package: The spectrum voice package sets you back $29.99 monthly. The plan comes with long-distance calling minutes to all USA states, Canada, and Mexico. Additionally, the plan provides advanced features such as call blocking, 3-way calling, call waiting, caller ID, and call forwarding.
- Spectrum Voice International Package: The spectrum voice international costs $34.99 a month. The plan comes with all perks enjoyed on the spectrum voice package plus additional unlimited calling to 70 different countries.
- Direct Dial International Plan: The direct dial international plan is a post-paid long-distance dialing service with varying rates. The charges are levied according to usage per minute.
The pros and Cons of Spectrum Landline Phone Services
- It blocks anonymous calls.
- It blocks caller ID.
- It forwards the calls.
- It can pair services with internet plans, thus saving you money.
- It has poor experience caused by weather-related issues.
4. Verizon Fios Landline Phone Services
Verizon Fios landline phone services is a nationwide provider that offers a wide range of affordable phone services without internet, with an unlimited plan starting at $29.99 per month.
The landline phone plans offered by Verizon Fios include:
- International World Plan 500: The international world plan 500 allows the user to add 500 minutes monthly of direct calls to 120 countries. The plan also enables you to place calls to mobile phones in 98 countries.
- International world Plan 300: With the international world plan 300, you can add 300 monthly minutes of direct dialing to 120 countries and mobile phone calls to 98 countries.
- Domestic Unlimited Plan: The unlimited domestic plan provides a discounted fixed rate for unlimited calls locally, regionally, and long-distance calls to Puerto Rico and Canada.
- Domestic per Minute Plan: Suppose you want to make domestic calls to the USA, Canada, and Puerto Rico; this is the best plan. The plan has great value for domestic calls.
Before applying for the landline phone services from Verizon Fios, visit Verizon.com/home/phone to learn more about their various plans.
The Pros and Cons of Verizon Fios Landline Phone Services
- Enhanced call forwarding.
- Calendar synchronization.
- Availability of “Locate Me Option.”
- Advanced calling features such as caller ID.
- You can pair them with Verizon Fios’ TV or internet, thus saving money on plans.
- They are pricey.
5. Xfinity Landline Service Providers
Xfinity is a reputable entity in the telco industry in the US. The Company provides landline phone services without internet at a reasonable price of $34.95 per month.
Unfortunately, Xfinity is limited to one standalone landline phone plan; the Xfinity Voice Unlimited plan. The plan comes with 3-way calling, readable voicemail, crystal clear connectivity, international calls, etc.
Before purchasing Xfinity landline phone services, please visit xfinity.com/learn/home-phone-services to familiarize yourself with its standalone plan.
The Pros and Cons of Xfinity Landline Phone Services
- The Xfinity Company requires no contracts.
- You can make calls to different destinations, including South Korea, India, Mexico, Singapore, Hong Kong, Puerto Rico, China, and Canada.
- Higher prices.
- Limited calling Features.
6. AT&T Landline Phone Services
AT&T is a renowned telco outfit that offers you an opportunity to choose the best service that befits your requirements.
The AT&T home phone services boast a nationwide calling across the US. They are available in Texas, Wisconsin, Ohio, Tennessee, Oklahoma, Mississippi, South Carolina, North Carolina, Nevada, Missouri, Michigan, Indiana, Kentucky, Kansas, Louisiana, Arkansas, Illinois, Florida, Georgia, California, and Alabama.
While building your own home package plan at AT&T, you may choose from the options listed below:
- The traditional home phone at $39 per month plus fees and taxes: This plan includes a primary residential phone number, dependable connection, unlimited local calls, and long-distance calling.
- The complete choice improved at $53 per month plus fees and taxes: This plan comes with a primary residential phone number and 12 prominent calling features. The features include speed dialing, caller ID, unlimited long-distance calling, and call forwarding.
- Long-distance Call Pricing: The notable features available on this plan include an international calling plan, a per-minute calling plan, and an unlimited calling plan.
Suppose you wish to purchase AT&T landline services without internet; visit att.com/home-phone/landline to learn more about the available plans.
The Pros and Cons of AT&T Landline Phone Services without Internet
- Unlimited international and nationwide calls.
- Advanced integrated calling features (Over 20).
- You can build your own calling plan.
- Availability of flexible plan building option.
- Extensive availability in rural areas.
- You require a contract to use the service.
- Some areas don’t provide standalone landline services.
- Availability of data caps on some plans.
The List of Cheap and Dependable Landline Phone Models
Unlike yesteryears, nowadays, landline phones come packed with advanced technology and some notable and advanced features. The market is awash with countless landline phone models, but here are the best and most affordable models in 2022.
- BT premium cordless phone.
- Panasonic premium design series KX-PRS120.
- BT4600 big button phone.
- BT essential phone.
- Gigaset SL450A Go.
- Panasonic KX-TGD62
- BT4000 Advanced button.
- Gigaset S850A Go.
- Gigaset C570A Comfort telephone.
- Panasonic KX-TGK222EW.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why Are Landline Phones So Popular to Date?
The popularity of landline phones is due to their superior call quality, effective emergence calls, and the ability to work without electricity. The affordability of landline phone plans also makes them maintain their popularity.
I’m William Shands, a tech enthusiast with a Bachelor’s in Information Technology from Georgia Institute of Technology. As an IT Support Specialist at Urban Outfitters, I’m immersed in the world of technology daily. My passion for apps led me to create TechBiva.Com, where I offer detailed reviews of the latest smartphone apps and games. Join me in exploring the ever-evolving landscape of mobile technology!